Feel the Fear ...and Do It Anyway (book)

Glenrowan

Saw someone post about how they found The Confidence Gap and The Happiness Trap books helpful. (Will put those on my to read list.) It reminded me of a book I recently read that I found helpful: Feel the Fear and Do It Anyway, by Susan Jeffers.

After reading the first chapter I was hooked. I had it my Kindle Mobile and was constantly taking screen shots of useful tips. Probably won't do it justice to give a synopsis since my memory isn't the best, but you can find reviews on YouTube etc. In fact someone even uploaded 1/2 the audiobook on there. I listened to it and found the book to be much better though - maybe because the book was my first learning of her thoughts - and with reading, I have more time to think about the content. (Speaking of audiobooks, I found Thomas Richard's Overcoming Social Anxiety super helpful too [it felt like there was FINALLY a psychologist who understood the intricacies of SA properly] - and Susan Jeffers mentions how using audiotapes/files is great for e.g. while driving in the car and being stuck in traffic - so both of these synergise well.)

Anyway, the book is just about 'doing stuff in spite of fear' in general, and I don't think she mentions social anxiety anywhere in it. But I found it really useful applying her principles in a social anxiety context.

If anyone else has read it I'd be interested in how you found reading it. Else hopefully some of you will get to read it sometime and find it helpful too.

cowboyup

Hey, thanks Glenrowan for suggesting the books. I am always looking for something new to read about anxiety and how to help myself. :)