Fear of the Future?

I am only 20 but I feel like I havent done much with my life, while I see so many teenagers when I'm out who have done millions of things in their lifetime already.

Im scared about my future cause I really lack direction in my life at the moment. I have no idea what to study in University, I dont know what to do with myself as in the job i want to do, Im also kinda worried maybe that I will never get a Girl Friend ever. I'm also worried that I may not develop into a proper adult due to my lack of life experiences.

I also got fired from 2 call centres in a space of 5 days!!! I know youse might be thinking that I must be pathetic

Are you worried as well about the future?

AngelsTears85

I konw excatly how you feel I'm almost 23 and I haven't done much with my life and it makes me a lil depressed to see other people but espeically people that are younger than me doing things that I feel I should be doing and some how that makes me less of a person for not :?

I also am scared about my future because I also lack direction and motivation. I have no idea what I want to do, do I study and study what? Do I get a job? and where doing what?

I am kinda worried about getting a boyfriend too....I've only had one job and that was working with my sister in a 4 square so I didn't have to worry about talking to other people well other than the 2 bosses but they were really great...

So yes I am worried about the future but I know that I have come along way from the 1st time I learnt that I had SP and slowly but surely with hard work and determination I know we can all make it and have a more better and fulfilling life

InDeepshit

I'm in the same boat with the lack of experience i have for my age, and i'm worried because i've wasted too much time on a degree for a job i really dislike, and i'll be starting this job in two weeks. Although it'll give me security and i can gain some social skills, i keep finding myself making safe decisions instead of going for something i might like..

IceLad

LonelyLoser said:
I also got fired from 2 call centres in a space of 5 days!!! I know youse might be thinking that I must be pathetic

For me, constantly talking to people on the phone would be one of my worst nightmares. It's definitely not a job for me. At least try and give yourself credit for getting the two jobs in the first place.

I constantly worry about the future as well. It's pretty scary having had SP for so long, and gradually seeing the amount of people that you 'bother' with diminish. In addition, SP is so good at clouding what you want out of life. I often wonder that in two decades from now when I'm nearing 50, will I still be trying to work out what I want from life/ my idea job? etc..

ripewithdecay

I'd just like to add something to this, I'm not really sure what it feels like to have no direction for the future, i've always known that i wanted to be in the music industry and have stayed true to that dream always (im still in my early twenties)..... but even with knowing what i want and in the process of (slowly) doing it, having SP doesn't make thing all that much easier... because there is the constant stress of "What if i'm never going to be good enough?" or "Am I even worthy at all to be doing what I love best?" and also going through the hell of comparing to younger kids who are in their preteens and are performing music in professional studios and some even touring the world :/ make me feel very insignificant at times.. like i should just give up and join the Army or something....

I don't really know what I think of the future, because it seems to change so much. Like one minute I'll think like "oh nothing is ever going to happen it the future, and it's just going to stay like this forever and ever". But I guess I haven't completely given up yet, because there's times where I may think something is going to happen, and something will change and things might get a little but better. It always varies and is never set on a certain point. I don't know, maybe I am just waiting for the perfect thong to happen, probably never will, but atleast have a little hope right?

HH

I think comparing yourself to others isn't healthy, I know I do it all the time but I'm starting to just focus on what I'm good at and what makes me happy. I think if you try your hardest at whatever you're doing then it should all fall into place.

alex29

I feel the same

I feel like everytime I think I know what to do with my life I realize Im not good enough and I give up

schmoopy

Remember these words and repeat them everytime fear of the future brings on anxiety:

YOU ARE ON NO ONE's TIMELINE BUT YOUR OWN

You may accomplished a world reknowned feat at 60 or you may accomplish one at 16. Life is a marathon, not a race. If the pace is comfortable, you'll enjoy the entire run.

Success is an objective measurement. Find your own personal success by living a life that makes you happy. If you have a goal, by all means go for it. But don't let that goal determine what kind of person you are.

RedRibbons

Those are some wise words schmoopy.. AND ON THAT NOTE... lol

I am also bothered that I haven't accomplished much in my life, yet. I mean, I know I haven't accomplished what I want to. And I don't even fully know what I want to accomplish, so that doesn't help.

I worry that I will never find someone that I want to spend the rest of my life with, and that I will never have children.

That I will never be able to do all the wild and crazy things I dream of doing and hope to do. Some things are better done while young.. When you still have the body for it.. I'm not going to get into detail. lol.

So yea. I worry about that too. I had a dream that I was a revolutionary though. And I decided on a title for my novel that I will one day, possibly write. lol. Anyway. That's that.

So I'm in the same boat. As are a lot of people.

LonelyLoser said:
I am only 20 but I feel like I havent done much with my life, while I see so many teenagers when I'm out who have done millions of things in their lifetime already.

Im scared about my future cause I really lack direction in my life at the moment. I have no idea what to study in University, I dont know what to do with myself as in the job i want to do, Im also kinda worried maybe that I will never get a Girl Friend ever. I'm also worried that I may not develop into a proper adult due to my lack of life experiences.

Are you worried as well about the future?

Hell yeah i am. I am 16 and i will start college in june of 08. I AM AFRAID VERY VERY AFRAID. I HAVE DONE NOTHING WITH MY LIFE AND I SEE OTHER KIDS IN MY SCHOOL THAT HAVE A LOT OF FUN. I THINK WHAT IF I DIE TOMORROW? NOBDOY IS GOING TO CARE. I AM NEVER GOING TO BE HAPPY AND I LEARNED TO ACCEPT THAT. DAMN MY STUPID MOM FOR GIVING BIRTH TO A WASTE OF SH.IT LIKE ME. ALTHOUGH IS HER FAULT AND MY DAD'S THAT I AM DEPRESSED