Fear of death

Quickslash

I'm afraid I will never do what I really want to in life before I die.

I wanna see Europe, Bora Bora, etc.

bora-bora.jpg

I wanna lay in that hammock someday. The only problem is "someday" never seems to come. I wonder sometimes if I'll ever be independent.

Anyone else?

Amon

Same here. I have all these dreams, things I want to do and places I want to go, but it's starting to seem those things will never happen. Not crying over my situation, just a fact.

My biggest fear is dying alone, after spending my whole life literally alone, with no relationship, no kids and no friends.

Noca

Banned
I dont fear death anymore after becoming suicidal. If someone pulled out a gun to my head, id simply just walk away and go on with my day without fear.

Noca

Banned

bora-bora.jpg

I wanna lay in that hammock someday. The only problem is "someday" never seems to come. I wonder sometimes if I'll ever be independent.

Anyone else?
ill be in that hammock one day for sure ^_^

doesit

it seems many here with anxiety and other problems have many dreams to reach in their life,but the problem is most of them are unreal,and second what did you contribute towards the things you want to do?Once you sort out those two questions and realize that nothing in life comes to you then you might reach smth.

nephatitus

i think it would be a good thing if i died right at this moment

better now before things get really complicated

WelshOne

I dont fear death anymore after becoming suicidal. If someone pulled out a gun to my head, id simply just walk away and go on with my day without fear.

Same here.

Since I was depressed and had suicidal thoughts, I no longer really fear death. I dont WANT to die, but if I DID, right now... well, it would be an easy solution to my problems.

I would like to experience a lot of things in this world, but if I were to suddenly die tomorrow then I wouldnt know any different (or feel any regret,) cause I'd be dead, lol.

Yeah, thats what really keeps me alive. Knowing there is places to go and people to meet. That picture with the hanmmock looks amazing. You know, what is really stopping you from doing the things you want? I wish it was easy, I wish we could jsut say the hell with it and just go for it.

Pookah

If you stop and think of death it can be very terrifying. The way society is set up you basically work all your life trying to make ends meet and then you die. I want so much to feel "free." It is virtually impossible to be free in this life unless you have extraordinary means celebrity/wealth. I would like to visit many places, immerse myself in what beauty this earth has left to offer. Definitely not feel so tired/anxious/depressed 24-7. I'd like to contribute something beautiful to others for them to enjoy as well. It is all a matter of motivation and whether or not I will find any. The sheer magnitude of aspiring to any dreams today is crushing me. There are simply too many people and it is hard to carve a niche for yourself anymore.

It is difficult to contemplate death. I can't quite comprehend nonexistence but assume it may be something like how you were not here and cannot remember anything before you were born. How can we expect a human being who is in the here and now to be able to reconcile the idea of not being? It is even worse to think that we are subject to such utter bullshit in this life when we are all going to die and it is unfair that we are made to waste what little time we have due to the constraints of society.

**** society, its a rate race. Everything is fast paced and rewards those who are fastest. Thats why we are always stressed. Think about what this word revolves around, MONEY. Whoever invented money ****ed everything up.

Mahoshen

I think about how things are going to be later on in life if something right now doesn't change, and it scares me enough to actually embrace death.

Illusions

bora-bora.jpg

Anyone else?

You took the words right out of my mouth. Death is my biggest fear right now because there are so many things I haven't done, so many people who don't know how much I truly care, so much I haven't achieved etc. I'm definitely a little paranoid when it comes to death too, I've feared dying suddenly.

Oh yeah, and Bora Bora seems like a heavenly place, doesn't it? I've always wanted to go there. :)

Quickslash

You took the words right out of my mouth. Death is my biggest fear right now because there are so many things I haven't done, so many people who don't know how much I truly care, so much I haven't achieved etc. I'm definitely a little paranoid when it comes to death too, I've feared dying suddenly.

Oh yeah, and Bora Bora seems like a heavenly place, doesn't it? I've always wanted to go there. :)

Yeah me too.

Ya! It seems like such a surreal place from the pictures I have seen. :D

Quickslash

it seems many here with anxiety and other problems have many dreams to reach in their life,but the problem is most of them are unreal,and second what did you contribute towards the things you want to do?Once you sort out those two questions and realize that nothing in life comes to you then you might reach smth.

That's why they are dreams...for now.

No shit. It never occurred to me Bora Bora wasn't going to just knock on my door one day.

206Raider

no I don't fear death anymore either....a lot of days I just hope I die....if somebody where to pull out a gun to rob me, I don't think I would hand over my stuff, I woudl tell them if you wnana kill me then do it, I don't have anything to keep me going, but I'm not going to be pushed around.

Thelema

Whoever invented money ****ed everything up.

Well, that makes absolutely no sense. What system would you want? Try bartering all your goods, "Yes, shopkeep I will trade you this doodad for a soda. Don't want my doodad? Well then, I'm screwed." Imagine having to trade for everything you bought everyday and if you don't have what that other person wants, you don't get it.

either you have a bartering system or you have to have a money system. You can replace paper money with gold dust, but that gold dust is just money all the same.

Money is a genius move that helped to take us out of the stone age.

Death is nothing to fear, it doesn't hurt because you no longer exist. The only thing I would fear about it is it being a drawn out painful process to it.

Last edited:

PennyLane

bora-bora.jpg

Anyone else?

Hey if you don't mind can I ask you...and the others, why it is you can't travel? Sorry if im being a little naive about this..its just I find communicating/meeting people/speaking very difficult but I can get on a plane by myself or with someone I know really well...

Just wondered what is that stops you? The crowds? Other anxieties?
:)

iamthenra

I also fear death. But to be honest, I think death would be allot easier to deal with than going through life alone, unloved and celibate.