Fav Quotes

sabbath

Banned
Someone who is about to admonish another must realize within himself five qualities before doing so [that he may be able to say], thus: "In due season will I speak, not out of season. In truth I will speak, not in falsehood. Gently will I speak, not harshly. To his profit will I speak, not to his loss. With kindly intent will I speak, not in anger."

"Vinaya Pitaka," translated by F.S. Woodward

From "Teachings of the Buddha," edited by Jack Kornfield, 1993. Reprinted by arrangement with Shambhala Publications, Boston, Shambhala - Welcome Shambhala Publications

http://www.beliefnet.com/Faiths/Buddhism/index.aspx

Felgen

"The urge to save humanity is almost always only a false-face for the urge to rule it.", H.L. Mencken

Miami

"It's okay to look back at the past, just dont stare"

For a few years in highschool I had a good group of friends, I had my social anxiety under control for the most part and I was just really happy with my life.
Then my social anxiety returned, I got worse and my social life dwindled... After that I would look back on those few years every now and then and get depressed because I missed those times.
After I read that quote I tried to give it a shot. Now when I look back to the past I dont "stare" and dwell on how much better I "was". I just look at my current situation and try to see how I can get better.

sorry for the long post :)

blue-roses

When I'm in a bad mood:

"You're doomed. You and all the shy people are. Natural selection favours the loud and the aggressive. I don't mean this in a bad way, but genetically, you are a cul-de-sac." - Bernard Black (Black Books)

"It was like being in an Edgar Allen Poe story. You’re just not that person everybody thinks you are, although they call you that all the time." - Bob Dylan

"Lazy she lies alone in clover and sweet-grass, seventeen and never been sweet in the grass, ho ho" - Dylan Thomas

"I wasted time, and now doth time waste me." - William Shakespeare

When I actually want to cheer myself up and get motivated:

"The best remedy for those who are afraid, lonely or unhappy is to go outside, somewhere where they can be quiet, alone with the heavens, nature and God. Because only then does one feel that all is as it should be and that God wishes to see people happy, amidst the simple beauty of nature. As long as this exists, and it certainly always will, I know that then there will always be comfort for every sorrow, whatever the circumstances may be. And I firmly believe that nature brings solace in all troubles." - Anne Frank

"You can make more friends in two months by becoming really interested in other people, than you can in two years by trying to get other people interested in you." - Bernard Meltzer

And just random:

"I love quotations because it is a joy to find thoughts one might have, beautifully expressed with much authority by someone recognised wiser than oneself." - Marlene Dietrich :D

"Sometimes it’s easier to be polite than it is to be rude....sometimes the other way round." - Bob Dylan

"Laziness may look appealing, but only work brings real satisfaction." - Anne Frank

"Elephants are contagious" - Paul Eluard :)

B

Bar-AKA-Redzer

some birds aren't meant to be caged. Their feathers are just too bright

slapstick

I cant remember the exact wording but its something like....

If I tell you I'm good youll probably think I'm boasting, if I tell you I'm no good then then you'll know I'm lying-(Bruce Lee)

The hands can't hit what the eyes can't see float like a butterfly sting like a bee, rumble young man rumble..-(Muhammid Ali aka Cassius Clay)

The Parable of the fig tree in the bible, you'll have to look that one up sorry.

slicknsly

"Courage is fear holding on a minute longer"-George Patton

"We shouldn't deny the pain of what happens in our lives. We should just refuse to focus only on the valleys"-Charles Swindoll

"I'd love to make up my mind, just tell me where I left it."

"The insane create worlds, the sane live in them... the sane create cages, the insane live in them."

Jake123

Banned
"Why do people rebuild things that they know are going to be destroyed?
Why do people cling to life when they know they can't live forever?
Think how meaningless each of your lives is!"
- Kefka