Family Vacations

shy.girl

I am away on a trip with my parents and brother right now that I have been dreading for weeks. I have come up with about a dozen flimsy excuses for them to let me stay in the hotel alone all day (my last resort is some Ipecac syrup ::(:). I think its natural to feel stressed out on family trips, but I feel very very guilty about wanting to be left alone so badly.

I mostly hate being on vacation with them because I feel like as a group we get in everyones way. Also my family is the type to tease and bicker with each other "in good fun" and it annoys and embarrasses me so much.

Should I suck it up and try to enjoy my time with them? Or realize that Im not going to enjoy myself unless I can have some time to myself (cue induced throw-up)?

Thanks for the advice!

zav943

Do whatever YOU'RE comfortable with. If you don't think you'll have fun with them, then what's the point of going? But don't be cynical...you probably can have fun with them if you give them a chance.

Don't miss out on life by locking yourself up in a room. How can you ever get over shyness/SA that way?

I hope that helps...