Family members with SAD

Nack

Banned
We all have depression, i can tell. But we just keep quiet, we're not the average American family who likes to share our emotions with each other... Asian families just don't do that.

Anomaly

We all have depression, i can tell. But we just keep quiet, we're not the average American family who likes to share our emotions with each other... Asian families just don't do that.

About the only emotions shared here are the negative ones.

slicknsly

All I know is I believe all of my family blood suffers from it, but no one wants to call it their disorder and rather be alchoholics, or drug addicts to fix their problem. Though I havent talked to them about SAD, I can see they suffer from something. Bi-polar, depression, SAD, screws just a little too loose, I don't know.

Jake123

Banned
My entire family and my sister are all party people, I just had a rare genetic mutation that caused me to become a loser.

Jake123

Banned
090501230245-386-656.jpg

slicknsly

Yea, they are all socially inept in some way. Mother is far too shy to be a woman in her upper forties. Drinks, though has cut down since recently finding a boyfriend (who talks less than me, and thats saying something). Uncle #1A completely lets loose on alchohol,normally a church mouse sober, venting/talking to himself or anyone that will listen at the top of his lungs.Mary J contributes as well...Uncle #2A is a complete hermit, and finds projects to keep himself occupied (like fish farms,plant growing, making his own liqour, trying new energy sources) Uncle #3A dead from crack after losing his mind to alchohol poisoning. Was submerged in and completely proficient at guitar/bass, art. My father has only one friend and sedates himself with oxys and hydrocodine anytime he has to interact/ do stuff. Uncle #1B dead, never knew, schizophrenic, said to have gotten over it. Uncle #2B OCD deals with it, quit MJ recently. Crack took the earlier years of his life. Doing well. Uncle #3B Quiet, youngest, smartest, motorcyclist, odd in ways, hardest for me to carry on a conversation with. Is not and does not want contact with uncle 2B or my grandfather......Thats enough..

A=Mother side
B=Father side

this_portrait

I think my dad might have it, and lately one of my half-brothers seems to be exhibiting symptoms of it as well.

So I think it's mainly due to genetics, and bad social experiences just triggered it.

MothMan

both of my parents have low social interaction. my dads the worst . he is constantly reading. so much that i can hardly ever get a word in to him. he suffers from depression. I'm sure living with him brings my mom down but she is involved in volunteering and is heavy into church but she talks my ears off about the most boring things. probably because my dad is not too good for conversations

Illusions

My entire family is introverted. They've never been the type to mingle with people.

Also, my SAD developed from selective mutism which I had when I was a kid, and there's really no other explanation for it besides me having an "inherited predisposition to anxiety". A family member of mine must've had anxiety issues. Never actually asked my parents though.

Hellhound

Super Moderator
My mother is OCD for sure and I think my grandma is social phobic. Just assuming because she fears going anywhere alone and has a problem making phone calls, and she has no friends or any social life besides family. My other relatives are f***** up in the head.

Lorraine Manca

Dont know about the movies, but everyone in my family is off kilter. My mother is avoidant with no desire for relationships of any kind, but its like the complete reverse of sa. she thinks its everyone else with the problem, and she's the only sane one. she discouraged all the things that parents normally encourage. when there are reports of shooting sprees on the news she says stuff like, "im surprised it doesnt happen more often." and other hints things arent ticking right. growing up as a kid, nothing was ever normal. it definately did not help my mixed up head.
although i didnt know my father, i've been told he was extremely quiet, and would wear the same clothes everyday for weeks on end. he was a computer programmer so he worked alone in the office in his house. he looks like a bum in the pictures i have of him.
it doesnt stop there, the other family members are weird too.
this stuff is definately genetic.

Luke1993

My siblings are all completel fine, so is my mother. My father would seem to have social problems, but he left my family some time ago (He had a gambling addiction) so I honestly cannot say. My uncle and great uncle both seem to have some sort of problem too. Both are 48 and 85 respectively and have never had a relationship or sex in their whole life. Although they both seem relatively fine with it.

Saraesa

My whole family isn’t affected by any mental illnesses at all. Moreover, they are thoroughly extraverted and self-confident. I’m most likely a cuckoo’s egg since I differ so much from them.