facebook relationship status

LazyHermitCrab

Do you think it's weird if your dating someone and their relationship status is still hidden after 8 months? It says interested in women still but not single. Lol this may sound ridiculous but is this a bad sign? My relationship status is completely hidden but I wouldn't put interested in men you know :/. Hmm not sure what to do. I met his family and friends already and he told me his facebook password. I'm really tempted to just go on, but it doesn't seem like a good idea. It's like i type in the password but can't hit login because it feels wrong. Should I just let it go.. or ask him to change it? :rolleyes: It's just annoying because his friends have pictures of themselves with their girlfriends but not him :/

awkwardamanda

I don't have a facebook profile but if I ever join I intend to leave the relationship status blank. And yeah, I'm interested in men but I don't feel like I should have to go out my way to announce that. If people know they know, if they don't they're free to ask, and if they don't care they don't need to know. There's too much drama associated with the relationship status and I don't ever want any part of that. Maybe he feels the same way about it. People are so ridiculous the way they have to update their status as soon as it changes, or they fret over whether to change it right away, or how long they should wait. Oy. When my ex boyfriend and I broke up, my family didn't get the news from me. They found out because my brother saw it on facebook. Stupid.

Azael

I have seen this, a few people whom I know definitely are doing things they shouldn't. In this case, your boyfriend is probably not updating his details. That is common too. If it makes you feel uncomfortable just ask him to change it. It's not as if he can legitimately protest your request, as you are his girlfriend after all, lol.

LazyHermitCrab

Ya I mean a relationship status is just face book, so it shouldn't be a big deal to change the status :p if he says "no" i might be a little, actually very suspicious

vj288

not actually Fiona Apple
If it's really bothering you asking him to update it sounds fine, it shouldn't be a big deal to him. Or ask him why he hasn't updated it yet, maybe he has a good reason for it? It doesn't seem like anything to worry about, but if it's bugging you bringing it up should be no biggie either.

market.garden

I wouldn't read too much into it. The important thing is enjoying the relationship with each other in real life :)

LazyHermitCrab

Yeah, just gonna wait to ask in a month for sure. :D i also need help not logging into his facebook because i'm sure i'll find something i don't like in messages.... would it bad to log in once? Would you do it??

vj288

not actually Fiona Apple
Yeah, just gonna wait to ask in a month for sure. :D i also need help not logging into his facebook because i'm sure i'll find something i don't like in messages.... would it bad to log in once? Would you do it??

he told me his facebook password.

If he told you his password himself, I'd assume it's because he feels he has nothing to hide? If I knew the password I would totally check ::p:, but I probably wouldn't have let him tell me in the first place. Ignorance is bliss, so if you really don't want to risk knowing something don't look, but I doubt there are any dark secrets lurking in there anyway.

market.garden

I'd be curious as hell, but if that person trusted me, I couldn't do it. I'd probably spend more time stewing over guilt than wondering what messages they had on their profile.

HeadFace

I honestly don't update any of the more personal details of Facebook. Mostly, relationship status, religion, and my number are just blank. Facebook is mostly just for communication for me, other than the occasional status I humor myself and others with. I don't understand why there's always drama associated with it. Actually my friend started an arguement with me because I was writing on another of our friend's wall and not hers. Yeah....
Don't come off as paranoid or clingy when you ask him to change it.. I've never gone about doing anything like that though so I'm not sure what you should say.
Maybe something like asking him to change his facebook "interested in" (or relationship, if you really are paranoid) status, because you don't want people to get the wrong idea?

Edit: Just checked the rest of this e.e I don't know if you ended up logging into his account, but you should trust him, instead of snooping around like that. Besides, you know he could just delete any suggestive messages, right?

Last edited:

satstrn

This is silly...a "relationship status" on a social networking site really doesn't mean anything. Just be more open and honest with him about your relationship so you don't have to spend time worrying about what a facebook status means. I don't think a guy would give hints about what your relationship means to him through a facebook status anyway. At least, I never would.

KiaKaha

Banned
Facebook shouldn't be the medium to make a relationship "official"

I have seen people who simply cant wait to change their status from "single" to "in a relationship with" as if its an official announcement that has to get out to validate it.

If it really bothers you though, maybe speak to him about it, but if not...just enjoy your relationship and let things happen as they do...

LazyHermitCrab

I dont think having a relationship status is that important but just wanted to change his interested in for the most part. Lol im going to try to not log in. its just that if someone continues a delete message I would see it. Maybe its reverse psychogy so I wont check. anyway ty for the advice and input!

Mickery

Why don't you ask him? Being unable to talk about little things is a bigger relationship problem than a Facebook profile.

Also, I once had the password to an account of someone who was up to no good with said account. They just wanted to prove a point and knew I was the sort of person who wouldn't want to go digging.

LazyHermitCrab

Why don't you ask him? Being unable to talk about little things is a bigger relationship problem than a Facebook profile.

Also, I once had the password to an account of someone who was up to no good with said account. They just wanted to prove a point and knew I was the sort of person who wouldn't want to go digging.

I think you're right but will ask him later because I think I know why he doesn't put it up yet anyway. Now im really tempted to log in. I did look at someones cell phone and find bad things on it for an ex but it's not on this guys phone, just friendship talk. That's why i'm not checking >.>

HH

more facebook nonsense.... can't wait until everyone gets tired of it and leave in there thousands

upndwn

When I posted "in a relationship" after having been with my ex for three months she freaked out and asked me to change it, right after that we broke up.

IcedEarth25

I've got a couple friends on FB from the US and they suddenly changed their 'Relationship Status' from single to etc... and they put they got together with girls who some were on the other side of the continent let alone most of these profiles weren't actually real cause most of them turned out to be scams...But yea I Don't see the point of putting in a status from my point of view as I don't really want the whole world to know plus the only people who'd know would be those who I actually know or see everyday.