Facebook depression???

Sidekix

That’s definitely normal here. You have 54 posts I wouldn’t worry sp tends to make you feel that way as well. Usually the people that have tons of friends probably have to do a lot of the initiating.

U

userremoved

I know what you mean. I like to call it the Facebook Blues. I used to enjoy it but now it's more demoralizing than anything. People are only going to post good things about their life on there so it makes it seem like you're the only one with any problems. I mean, I like to see people be happy too but come on. You never have one bad day? Not to mention you get to see the pictures of the parties they forgot to invite you to lol.

LadyWench

I know what you mean. I like to call it the Facebook Blues. I used to enjoy it but now it's more demoralizing than anything. People are only going to post good things about their life on there so it makes it seem like you're the only one with any problems. I mean, I like to see people be happy too but come on. You never have one bad day? Not to mention you get to see the pictures of the parties they forgot to invite you to lol.

Exactly! That's how I've always felt about Facebook. I hate signing in and only seeing statuses like "oh em gee, i bakeded me sum gud browniez & den im guna go 2 da mall & c all my kewl friendz & my hott gf/bf!" Okay, maybe the people I have on my Facebook aren't that retarded, but it gets old and annoying when I only see "positive" posts, and nothing real. Do they ever get sad or have a bad day, like you said? Or is it just Facebook? Hmm.

eski

I know the feeling... I had a facebook account awhile ago but disabled it because I couldnt bear the fact that everyone else seemed to have heaps of friends and activity while my page was the opposite... I just didn't want others to think that I'm some kind of loser. I know I shouldn't care what others think of me but thats just how SA is....

I guess things are a little different now as I have met more friends since I made the facebook account... and it would also be nice to keep in touch with people I don't see anymore but I still don't want to be part of it in case I end up looking like a loser on facebook again and disabling it all over. Although not having a facebook also makes people wonder aswell... now I'm even more confused about making a fb again...I want to in a way but I also don't... bleh

Pink_Paula

Most people don't want to air their dirty laundry on a public site, it doesn't mean that their lives are all rainbows and butterflies, just that they chose to keep their private business private. But i can see where you're coming from, when all you see are people having fun and seeming the happiest people on earth it can get you down.

Hellhound

Super Moderator
I don't have Facebook, but I am in other sites... I feel bad too when I look at other people, not for the friends they make or anything like that, because I don't like popularity... but I think they are better than me in what they do, how they talk with people, they don't have to deal with crap, they are free to act that no one will judge them, no one will ridicule them... I am very paranoid in these sites, I fear that everything I decide to do will end up in mass laughter and judgements. That fear makes me depressed because I'd like to be able to be free to do what I want for at least once, without having to worry like this. It's not just online by the way... I am a paranoid freak in real life too.