eye twitching cause of medicine?

alex101

i have horrible axiety and ocd and the doctor gave me. clonasepam 1mg, Prochilorperazine 10mg and clomipramine 25mg to take each day. took around 10 days and after 4 years i feel good, but i have one problem my eye twitches more in the afternoon that in the mornings, what could be the cause? thank you.

music10

Believe it or not it could actually be just stress. I actually had the same problem and went to a doctor and he said oh just stress, it'll pass.

Although I think though you should see a doctor about that though anyways, could be medication or something else.

lyricalliaisons

It definitely could be caused by the medication. I had the very same problem for the first 6 months or so after I started my medication. My doctor told me it was probably caused because the med could be causing a vitamin deficiency in my body, so he told me to take a once a day multi-vitamin. Multi-vitamins make me nauseous (don't ask me why-- I think it's the coating on the pills), so I started drinking rich chocolate ovaltine which is loaded with multiple vitamins. If you start taking a multi-vitamin or find some other way to get a bunch of vitamins into your system, the eye twitching should go away. I haven't had it since I started drinking the ovaltine on a regular basis.

If you're already taking a multi-vitamin or getting vitamins into your system another way, you should ask your doctor & he/she should be able to help you.

music10

I'd also check for vitamin deficiencies. In some cases as well the body is not able to absorb certain vitamins and nutrients.

BDDgirl

I get this on my right eyelids and I'm on no medication, usually when I'm very stessed out. I do relaxation and it helps the tick calm down. I had a MRI scan a couple of years back to rule out the worst case scenario.