eye contact

littl3misstrange

Whenever I'm talking to someone, I tend to face away from them, & i don't like to look at them full on or too close up, because I feel incredibly self concious about my own face. I feel like all the while I'm talking to them, they're looking at the flaws that I look at when I look in the mirror.

Does anyone else feel like that?

dottie

yes, my eyes feel repelled. i watch people out of the corner of my eyes a lot and if i sense them looking, i look away.

Fairy001

Yeah, I have this. When I speak to people I look around, I rarely look at them. If I do, I look at their eyes, usually when I have finished speaking. When they speak to me, I look past them. Sometimes, when I am in a particular mood, I stare too much at peoples eyes.

I know sometimes it looks odd, but I am more comfortable that way.

I don't like having a meal with someone and sitting opposite. If possible I will go for a table for four and sit diagonally.

So stressful, things other people do without thought and with ease. Paranoia, paranoia!

Peace xxx

ljwwriter

When I'm talking one on one with someone I often feel that I'm making too much eye contact, and then I become very self-conscious about blinking, as crazy as it sounds. I start worrying that I'm blinking too much or something. Well, it's hard to explain. One way or the other it's ridiculous.

CPA23

The eye contact thing always gets me. Are you supposed to be looking at them the whole time they are talking? Can I break eye contact? People always assume that you are not listening to them just because you are not looking at them. This is totally not true, I just hate making eye contact! Like a previous poster said it is just paranoia about something so simple.

sleepysparrow

I usually look people in the eye because I feel like I have to, but it's hard, when i'm looking at them i'm thinking about what I look like to them and usually not concentrating on what they say, and I go blank if they ask me a question. I can't focus on anything except the fact that i'm looking them in the eyes, it's weird.

Ventrilotwo

i never do but i rationalize it as i mostly speak with guys and it's awfully gay, but i think i would have even more trouble with girls : D