Extremely Awkward Question. Only for Girls

jay77

I have an extremely awkward/embarrassing question only for girls with hyperhidrosis. Does anyone have excessive sweating around the genital area? Most people don't seem to have it, but it is the area that is hardest to treat for me. I sweat the worst in between the labia crease. It is extremely embarrassing and smells disgusting as a result. The only time it stops sweating is when I use robinul, but I hate taking robinul because of the side effects I get. I read on this forum that a girl uses antiperspirant to control it, but I tried that a year ago and it dried out my labia minor and made it swell up so now it looks disgusting (Also I did not put it directly on my labia minora, only the crease). I don't know of any other options. Also, please don't say that I should wear cotton underwear to help that area "breath". My doctor told me that and it makes no sense. That is like saying that if I wear gloves my hands will sweat, but if I take off the gloves and let my hands "breath" my hands will automatically not sweat anymore.

**also I am a girl, everyone thinks I am a guy because of my username

Draconess25

It is better to wear cotton or silk underwear. Synthetic materials hold in heat, which can cause more sweating. And I wouldn't recommend the antiperspirant thing....

littlegrrr

I know you said only "hyperhidrosis" suffers need reply, but some people may either know of someone who dealt with something like it or whatever and plus after years of my mom telling me to only wear cotton underwear i just have to respond, trying to help actually.

Firstly, dont shave. That hair is there for a reason and exposing that sensitive skin to rough 5 oclock shadow hair everyday and running a razor over it aggrivates things and when your mucous membranes get irritated (the vulva is slippery because it is a mucous membrane) they produce moisture and even swelling.

The other thing is even tho it seems counter intuitive, the excessive sweating down there makes you even more prone to funguses as im sure u already know and have researched this thoroughly...an you dont have to have a full-blown infection to get that yeasty smell.

I know it sounds crazy but buy pure yogart culture powder off ebay. Eat it. Mix it with some water and squirt some in you with a syringe. This will help control the odor. Im serious.

The underwear thing...silk, polyester/spandex whatever just traps your skin and doesnt let whats underneath it airdry nor does it absorb. Try drying off with one of those soft terrycloth-looking blankets. The water sticks to your skin.

Personally, i hate having a ******. They have so many problems. Odor, horrendous pain, discharge, vulnerable to stds on a much worse level than penises, and damned if when you get in your 50s they dont give up the ghost on you and cause problems. Then if you get on hrt you have even WORSE problems and are at risk for stroking out or having a heart attack.

But good luck and try the yogart thing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Draconess25

Firstly, dont shave. That hair is there for a reason and exposing that sensitive skin to rough 5 oclock shadow hair everyday and running a razor over it aggrivates things and when your mucous membranes get irritated (the vulva is slippery because it is a mucous membrane) they produce moisture and even swelling.

I agree with everything else (though the yogurt thing sounds gross Dx), but in my case, not shaving has always caused more problems than shaving. But that may just be me. :p

mismeek

Personally, i hate having a ******. They have so many problems. Odor, horrendous pain, discharge, vulnerable to stds on a much worse level than penises, and damned if when you get in your 50s they dont give up the ghost on you and cause problems. Then if you get on hrt you have even WORSE problems and are at risk for stroking out or having a heart attack.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

**** i completely agree! I wish guys know how much work its takes to care for a ******. Its like a car. gotta get the oil changed every 6,000 miles. lots of routine checkups, Things go awry and you have NO idea what it is until you take it to the repairman (Dr. lol) Its just such a delicate balance down there! You change your soap or effing laundry detergent and BAM! your baking bread. It sucks. Ive started taking probiotic pills and i havent had any problems in years.. i recommend them to ALL ladies!

littlegrrr

**** i completely agree! I wish guys know how much work its takes to care for a ******. Its like a car. gotta get the oil changed every 6,000 miles. lots of routine checkups, Things go awry and you have NO idea what it is until you take it to the repairman (Dr. lol) Its just such a delicate balance down there! You change your soap or effing laundry detergent and BAM! your baking bread. It sucks. Ive started taking probiotic pills and i havent had any problems in years.. i recommend them to ALL ladies!

I know, right? If guys had what us girls have...well, thats a moot point because then they'd be women ;)

BTW, I learned about yogurt from my mom. But she didn't mean for me to put anything IN there, but she was always so discreet and vague with her wording when giving me feminine tips as a teen I often got confused. Thinking of the way she said things makes me lol (vag=down there...etc. even better is when she said "when you...start doing it...double up." I was like "double up what?" and she said "well, you know, i mean all it takes is for a little bit to seep in there and you're pregnant")

When I told her I looked up directions online for how to make a frozen yogart tampon popsicle she got huge eyes and was like "YUCK!"

jaim38

I'm not sure, maybe wear panty liners sprinkled with baking soda? The baking soda actually helps freshen the smell.

86theHH

I did a post on ionto for back of the thighs, butt and groin. It may offer some help for you.