Exsposure? The first steps?!

Since therapy has never helped me at all!
I've decided to start taking steps on my own to get better.
But i've hit a wall! I cannot think of anything that would help or anything that im currently capable of doing on my own.

I feel ive fallen into old habbits and no longer want to try anymore :/
Could someone help me out?!

Thanks!

Mickery

Make a list of some general the situations that you find intimidating, then go through and rate them on a scale of 1-10, ten being the worst. Try to cover the full range of numbers. When you've done that, think about what makes the situations worse, or easier, to deal with.

Choose a situation reasonable low down on the scale to start with, that provokes some anxiety but enough that you feel you can go through with. Adjust it with your sub-scaling if needs be. Beforehand, make a note of how nervous you are - on a scale, again - and what you're expecting to happen. Afterwards, make a note of how nervous you were/are and what happened. There will probably be a substantial discrepancy.

From then on, keep doing the same before/after tests on yourself as you climb the scale at a speed you are comfortable with. Repeat the tests if necessary, cut the grades into finer slices if needs be. Don't fixate too much on whatever your ultimate goal is, remember that each time is a step forward and you're doing something that you weren't before.

ohheybbyitscorixx

Exposure probably helps best with things like OCD because you only feel that initial burst of anxiety for so long. With other anxiety disorders, your anxiety may only go down a little. Pushing yourself to do things that make you nervous can make you more nervous to the point where it's harmful. You might want to have someone you trust nearby when you are exposing yourself, so they can help you get out of a situation if it reaches the harmful phase.

Blandy

Therapy for me did absolutely nothing, i really did try, i think its cos Im very stubborn with my views and believes in how i think, and how i feel other people think, it just didnt workout for me. Ive been through countless therapy sessions, i know how u feel

Since therapy has never helped me at all!
I've decided to start taking steps on my own to get better.
But i've hit a wall! I cannot think of anything that would help or anything that im currently capable of doing on my own.

I feel ive fallen into old habbits and no longer want to try anymore :/
Could someone help me out?!

Thanks!

Well it's very hard to come up with some exposure exercises until we know a bit more about the specific situations that cause you anxiety. Do you think you make a list with 5 or 6 situations that make you feel anxious, rate their intensity on a scale from 0 to 10, 0 being the lowest and 10 the highest, and post them here? :)

Try starting with this: Whenever you walk past someone on the side walk or something, make eye contact. It will get easier and easier every time you do.

Once you're comfortable with that, try making eye contact and saying hi (or if that's still too big of a step try smiling at the person).

Getting over social anxiety is like learning to play an instrument. It takes a lot of time and a lot of practice and is by no means easy...But it's very possible if you commit.