exercise

akala

yes, i tried "jillian 30 day shred" it makes a difference in the way I feel, it's also focusing my mind on being sore everywhere and not about my problems lol

mixedupgirl

yes, i tried "jillian 30 day shred" it makes a difference in the way I feel, it's also focusing my mind on being sore everywhere and not about my problems lol

Haha I do Jillian 30 day shred too, I'm on level 2 at the mo and its a killer lol. I think that exercise does help with depression plus its such a great feeling to lose weight and tone up, but I personally haven't noticed it help with my anxiety issues but then again I don't do it continuously, so maybe it would help. You should try it out and keep note of how your feeling.

paintedblue

I think at least for depression it helps. It releases endorphins, dopamine, serotonin within your body. These are supposed to make you feel good. Personally I think when I'm on an extended period of daily exercise I feel better. If I stop, and I do because stuff comes up or I get bored of the gym, I notice a drop in overall mood.

does anyone here do exercise to help with depression or anxiety? if so does it help?

Yes, I exercise mainly weights and some cardio fast walking or excercise bike.

I believe it does help to a certain extent, the problem is if it turns into an obsession or you have body image issues, then it can have the opposite effect.

If someone has mild-moderate depression/anxiety I would definitely recommend some form of physical activity even if its just going for a fast walk or doing press up/homeworkouts/DVDs.

laure15

Exercise helps tremendously. Almost everytime after I exercise, I feel uplifted. I recommend doing at least 20 min of exercise per day and varying your exercise routine because running 3 days straight is not fun and will quickly wear you down.

ForeverTheWeirdKid

Exercise helps but women couldn't see past that. They were more sexually attracted to me than mentally attracted to me. All they cared about was my physique.

mikebird

Banned
An addiction I can't drop

It's an obsession. It's my only substitute for sex. The reason for it is to make me physically appealing.

There is a signal when any reason arises that I don't feel like it
It's very detrimental if I miss out. The reward is the best I can get, when unemployed and alone.

Been doing this at the same place since jail inspired me with this temptation to push my body further every time, with days to recover.