Evolution

doesit

I see many people,say that their SA,anxiety or shyness is due to bullying,genes,event in their life,trauma or etc.I think its due more to the pace of evolution in which humans are evolving especially in the last 200years,nowadays half of the world are living cramped in the cities with millions of populations,technologies are advancing every day,and for people to fit into this,they have to adapt to thousands of new rules,which only recently came into play.There s almost no such thing as communities left,in most situations you can act or perform only as told,Basically all of us are pushed by someone else,causing us the anxiety or fear,of rejection,loosing a job,or being marked different.Where about,few hound-read years ago every person had to make their own future and could only depend on themselves,and that's why our brains are still using basic instincts,as evolution takes thousand of years to progress,and we are advancing in minutes in our everyday life.

Anyone have other crazy ideas :)

upndwn

I read a theory about this a while ago (can't remember where unfortunately) and it seems very plausible to me. They've also linked other mental disorders like depression to evolution. it's strange but recent studies has shown that most mental disorders like anxiety and depression is more prevalent in western society, and that social status and wealth has nothing to do with it. People in third world countries who faces war, famine and prosecution on a daily basis actually has fewer mental health problems than people in western countries.

doesit

Found a new term today Neurosis,which basically takes all the mental disorders into one group-Neurosis is a class of functional mental disorders involving distress but neither delusions nor hallucinations, whereby behavior is not outside socially acceptable norms.[1] It is also known as psychoneurosis or neurotic disorder, and thus those suffering from it are said to be neurotic. The term essentially describes an "invisible injury" and the resulting condition.
Signs and symptoms
There are many different specific forms of neurosis: pyromania, obsessive-compulsive disorder, anxiety neurosis, hysteria (in which anxiety may be discharged through a physical symptom), and a nearly endless variety of phobias.So if anyone gonna read this they gonna find that causes for neurosis are many different reasons tied up together,so this would leave my evolution theory behind.

JamesSmith

Well, humans have evolved. We are much bigger and more athletic than ever. So, if we evolved in that kind of physical way, it does make sense that our anxiety has evolved into a bigger issue.

Rufus

Well, humans have evolved. We are much bigger and more athletic than ever. So, if we evolved in that kind of physical way, it does make sense that our anxiety has evolved into a bigger issue.

We're also overweight and much less active than previous generations :eek: That's half the problem right there.