Everything happens for a reason

simpsons2007

Everything happens for a reason.

So with that in mind maybe my ex cheating on me and us splitting up was done for a reason and it was just something that was meant to be.

This next part might sound a bit strange to say this after having my heart ripped out by someone who I thought loved me.

But maybe..... just maybe this was something that was GOOD that happened to me and not something bad?

Something that was just meant to be. Just like some sort of test to see how I would cope and deal with what happened. Maybe it happened in order for me to make myself get better from my problems and get my life sorted out.

Sort of like a fresh start to make me a stronger person, a new beginning in life, a new chapter or something like that. I dunno.... not really sure what I'm going on about or what I'm trying to say. I got it all in my head but I just can't seem to get the words out.

I'm now trying to look for something positive to come out of a bad situation instead of looking at the negative side of things like I always do.

Just trying to make sense of it all and trying to look at from a different perspective.

Each day that went by I found it easier and easier to deal with what happened. Now I'm over her. YES!! :D

Nanita

I believe everything does happen for a reason/reasons. Sooner or later, certain difficult things will happen, and if we find a way to avoid things, they will just happen again later, for us to learn.

Glad to see your making some yummy lemonade out of life's lemons.:)
It's hard to do and I admire anyone who can. Good luck with the new chapter in your life simpsons!:)

simpsons2007

Your ex turned out not to be the person you thought she was. But now that she is out of your life, who knows, you may meet somebody new who will treat you much better, and when you do you will DEFINITELY be able to say that things happen for a reason.

I'm pleased you are feeling this way :)

Thank you twiggle. :)

For a while I didn't think I would've got over it but I'm glad I did. :D

This is where it gets complicated we are still in the same house. I'm trying to find a cheap flat to live in but nothing is around at the moment.

Unfortunately my ex will never be completely out of my life as was have a daughter together. The only good thing to come out of the relationship.

simpsons2007

Glad to see your making some yummy lemonade out of life's lemons.:)
It's hard to do and I admire anyone who can. Good luck with the new chapter in your life simpsons!:)

Thank you BlueDays.

That first sentence put a smile on my face and made me laugh. :)

simpsons2007

Being in the same house must be tough but just try and see it as a way of grinding out any feelings you may have left for her. Had she plain left as soon as the truth came out, you would not have had the chance to put closure on the feelings you had.

With regards to your daughter, don't worry, many couples who split have to address the same issue - there will be a civil way round it so you can see your daughter without having to endure your ex :)

It is quite tough at times and awkward. Theres no arguing or anything like that. Which makes it easier for my daughter. I just didn't want our daughter seeing arguments and getting distressed by it. :)

Beatmetrics

At the end of the day...it's more likely best for both parties involved. We are meant to drift in and out of peoples lives. We might not understand why or like it for that matter. But we are all headed somewhere and just maybe you'll finally meet the "it" girl for you.

Its almost like you have to get to a point to where you know what you want and what you could do with out. When you reach that point you'll know if someone is a good match for you.