Everyone's in the doldrums

Krista

Hell yeah... I'm gonna keep listening to people's advice on here (especially yours, thanks again for it) and pursue what I want in life, no matter how much I have to fight my fears to do it. It should be a good year, I hope.

That makes me smile :)

I don't feel like I help anyone really but I know everyone here has given me hope and good advice at least once, I'd love to return the favor. You all are spectacular people!

Silvox Black

I hate to hear people say things like that, it means you've resigned to some life that you're not happy with. That's an awful lot of hardships to feel when you're that young. Have you tried and not succeeded or feel an effort made would be a waste of time?

My current situation has made it impossible for me to gain any respite from any of the hardships I currently face. I have made efforts in the past, all to no avail. That, combined with a bleak outlook on the future, seals my fate, and believe me when I say that I know my future is bleak. It is quite apparent here.

Krista

My current situation has made it impossible for me to gain any respite from any of the hardships I currently face. I have made efforts in the past, all to no avail. That, combined with a bleak outlook on the future, seals my fate, and believe me when I say that I know my future is bleak. It is quite apparent here.

This could mean absolutely nothing to you, since you barely know me but I'll always be here if you'd like to talk. I do know about bleak outlooks, terribly much actually. I'd love to hear why you feel this way? If you'd trust me enough to tell me.

PrettyBoy

I plan to get my ass a job then everything else will come. Money, clothes, car, partying, girls and everything else I feel I want. Yeah getting a job is the way forward for me.

losttroy

There you go, PB! I have the same idea, only for me its MORE jobs. I'm freelance, so many jobs is the only way I will be okay.

And what is a doldrum?? It sounds real painful. Is it anything like a conundrum?

Krista

There you go, PB! I have the same idea, only for me its MORE jobs. I'm freelance, so many jobs is the only way I will be okay.

And what is a doldrum?? It sounds real painful. Is it anything like a conundrum?

I need a job too, I feel like with a job I'll be making money again and going out more. School will start and I'll be meeting more people. Things will fall into place better I think. As for the definition of doldrums as of Merriam Webster

1 : a spell of listlessness or despondency
3 : a state or period of inactivity, stagnation, or slump

Krista

What was your 2009 resolution ?:D:D

Ahh, mine was not really a resolution since for some reason when I use that word I don't seem to get anything done ::p: lol but basically to just start working on myself. Once I can take care of some of the core problems I know I have, get myself into school and a new job I'd like to think that things will fall into place. I know it won't magically happen which means I won't stop working hard to make it right.

Anyone else have resolutions?

losttroy

Krista said:
1 : a spell of listlessness or despondency
3 : a state or period of inactivity, stagnation, or slump

Ahhh! So, it IS a conundrum!! Sheesh, that does seem painful.Thanks for the def, Krissy.