everyone's different but they can still all talk and be normal

xtina_fan81

im just like an alien. i dont know what its like to be like other people, i dont understand what they feel that makes them be able to talk and connect to people, im so far from it. everyone is so different and have various personalities but they can all communicate and have enough confidence to talk to people and just fit in i cant imagine ever feeling any different cos its been so many years now. i cant have conversations that just flow, i cant be relaxed, i just cant connect to people. just a vent i spose i just dont get it how everyone else can do it & im a person bt i dnt even feel human cos im that incompetent and disassociated

MrJones

I know how you feel. Everytime I see other people it's like we just belong to a different place. I don't belong anywhere.

I will never understand people: what they think, what they do and why. I really have no idea how they brain work.

I'm just someone different.

Flyingheart

I understand exactly how you feel. I think the problem is definitely low self esteem; when you don't feel good enough or happy with yourself and so filled with negative thoughts - you might not even realise what you're thinking right at that moment is self-defeating but most of all untrue. These thoughts feel like truth, this is what it's like for me anyway. I become so convinced I'm not good enough that I end up ruminating for days and it alienates me from other people. It makes you not feel human.
I don't know whether you have anyone in your life you can confide in, but if you do I strongly recommend. I have found that the support of a friend/family member has helped me to feel better about myself tenfold. They act as my "voice of logic" if that makes sense and makes me see that I'm just labelling myself and others.
You may think there's something innately wrong with you to make you unable to connect to others, but it is because you aren't connected with yourself; as cliche as it is, I think the saying "if you don't love yourself, you cannot love others" extremely true.

upndwn

I'm probably giving the wrong advice, but for me drinking has always helped when opening up to people. :rolleyes:

PS: Don't take this seriously, I'm drunk

Lea

Banned
im just like an alien. i dont know what its like to be like other people, i dont understand what they feel that makes them be able to talk and connect to people, im so far from it. everyone is so different and have various personalities but they can all communicate and have enough confidence to talk to people and just fit in i cant imagine ever feeling any different cos its been so many years now. i cant have conversations that just flow, i cant be relaxed, i just cant connect to people. just a vent i spose i just dont get it how everyone else can do it & im a person bt i dnt even feel human cos im that incompetent and disassociated

I am sorry for pointing this out, but I think you might have aspergers, as this is a sign of it. I have it too and know well what you're talking about. Except I can have fluent communications, but it also depends on whom I'm talking to.. but apart from it I am all weird, and also feel very awkward and detached. As if I only observed life from outside but wasn't in it myself. I'm almost sure I lack some essence or some sixth sense that everyone else has, that enables them to see the world in a much more bright lights and to connect with each other.

Last edited:

Kiwong

I feel this way too. People are too complicated, and it is like a minefield trying to mix with them. I seem to get along with some people some of time, but not all of the time, and the inconsistency of the whole thing freaks me out.