Everyone has fun after smoking marijuana, but not me!

UnbreakableShell

I don't know what it is, 2 years ago when I would smoke up with my friends I laugh and and can talk about anything that comes to mind. But now, I'm just so quiet when I'm high, I get all paranoid and I start to get scared of saying something. They would try to talk to me, but then I would just sit there any sorta ignore them. I can socialize better when I'm not HIGH.

What the hell ?!?!?

Tim001

I have had SA most of my life. I am 43 now. I can tell you as a person who grew up in the 70's that smoking pot/hash and SA definitely do not mix. I was not a regular user, but many times I would get seriously high smoking up with friends just trying to fit in. Smoking up seemed to amplify my SA thoughts. I was already feeling anxious and insecure without smoking up, but getting stoned seemed to zero in on everything that was wrong in my life and guess what, SA was #1. I was able to think more clearly and in more detail about me and my position in life and it was ugly. These were some of the most depressing times I can remember. Some of these thoughts may have been exaggerated, but at the time they seemed crystal clear and right on the money. The whole experience just made me feel really bad about myself.

wutnow

Uh, yeah. You've crossed it. The weed is turning you inward.

Better bail now or expect a torrid of misery and isolation you thought not possible. It happened to me. One day I could go to the beach, listen to music, and blow soap bubbles in plain sight of hundreds of people. I was the guy they let into clubs free because I always got the dancing started.

Next thing I know. I can barely sit at a red light without shaking cause I think everyone is looking at me. Thus began the deepest, most insidious and unforgiving depression/ anxiety I've ever known.

Night and day man. It sucked and I'm still recovering.

Then again. It might not happen to you. But your story sounds alot like mine.

pitkreet

I've found this too.

My experience has been that if I'm in a generally good mood, getting high on cannabis can enhance that happy mood. But if I'm feeling low, taking cannabis makes me feel unbearably low and anxious. I've had some extremely grim thoughts that I don't want to ever have again.

I still occassionally take cannabis, but no more than once a month, and only if I'm in a good frame of mind. And if after taking it, I feel myself slipping into negative thinking, I make a mental effort to stop those thoughts and go do something to take my mind of it.

Handle with care.

true, if you smoke a J when you're feeling down or when something is wrong it often goes wrong, I have had night where I truly want to die and every reason I think of is a good one...

But when you feel good, it can be wonderful, you can forget every little problem you might have had...

Nights where I want to die: I have learned my lesson. And I have learned to look at those things that I pointed out when I was f'd up, the things that were wrong:

My brother's death was one of them. I never went to go see his grave just because I thought he was with me, I carried him in my heart. I was wrong I needed to go see his grave, to let go...

I have insomnia and after I went to see my brother's grave the first time, I could sleep again...
Now I still have trouble sleeping, but I can get up to 5 hours of rest per night... which is good, in the weekends I take sleeping pills...

tupac

i get high all the time when i go out, as a matter of fact im high right now. i've had some experiences that were bad but it didnt stop me from smoking. it has never made me wanna kill myself. all it does to me is calm me down. as a matter of fact i feel like i need it even more when im in a bad mood. i feel relaxed when im high. for me its like it increases the chance of me doing something stupid like messing up a conversation, start stuttering etc etc... and i might make a fool out of myself but hell i do that when im not high. my friends laugh so hard when i do shit like that, and sometimes i just have to laugh at myself. after that i just chill at home and listen to music. right now im listening to bone thugs - if i could teach the world. this song is the shit

tupac

i dont smoke ciggeretes but people say they make you relaxed. but i wouldnt suggest doing that because you'll get addicted. or if you smoke weed, well i cant really say how it could make you feel. people react differently to weed.

tupac

oh i dont think its safer btw, but weed isnt all that bad. ciggerettes are not safe at all.

despise

i think i heard somewhere that ciggerettes actually increase anxious feelings and increases chances of panic attacks. or maybe that was coke? or both? hell, i dont know.
but..i want to get high. im a 'good girl' and havnt smoked it yet :roll: . but i will soon.

Scottish_Player

I have gotten stoned a few times over the years but it only makes me worse,i get more paranoid than i already am :roll: i keep trying in now and then as maybe one time i will feel what everyone else seems do be feeling?

nicola_maire

in my opinion cannabis is asking for trouble

ok ok, ill tell ya the story...
i was 14...happily on fridays me n my mates would puff...blah blah.
i was well outgoing, happy, and you could say spiritualy enlightened, i was 100% intune with myslef. something happened which really upset me, n i started smoking it more. 8 months later n about 300 joints and 600 bongs later (i gotta laugh...bong) i had literaly smoked it everyday, soon as i woke up, till i went to bed. it hought i would solve my depression, it deepened it so bad, i wouldnt talk, when spoken to, i would think of the answer, but never say it, it was like me replying in my head, then looking att he person like why didnt you hear me? i coud laugh, nothing what so ever was funny, all i could do was evaluate everything and everyone, and think about my problem. my friends couldnt handle me, i was a phychotic mess, they broke up with me, looking back it was the kindest thing to do, as i smoked with them. it took me 5 months to get me to laugh again after ythat, that was two years ago now, it took me a good year to get over it, and 6 months ago, i was diagnosed with AvPD. i was so introvert that i had had 101 issues with myself, the worse thing is loosing yourslef, to something you know you did to yourslef, that i have just forgiven myself for. think of your 'high' as a chemical reaction. if you go low, its a bad one, and should be a warning to anyone. to be honest id rather do amphetamin (which i knwo i egt on with) than cannabis, in my opinion, phychologicly its less harmfull (inless you doing it daily) n dont forget cannabis lingers in your systum for 28 days, so you could feel crappy about yourself for a hole month after, is it worth it for a cheap buzz?

Green Day said:
Do you have the time
To listen to me whine
About nothing and everything
All at once
I am one of those
Melodramatic fools
Neurotic to the bone
No doubt about it

Sometimes I give myself the creeps
Sometimes my mind plays tricks on me
It all keeps adding up
I think I'm cracking up
Am I just paranoid?
Or I'm just stoned

I went to a shrink
To analyze my dreams
She says it's lack of sex
That's bringing me down
I went to a whore
He said my life's a bore
So quit my whining cause
It's bringing her down

It all keeps adding up
I think I'm cracking up
Am I just paranoid?
Uh, yuh, yuh, ya

Grasping to control
So I better hold on

It all keeps adding up
I think I'm cracking up
Am I just paranoid?
Or I'm just stoned

Sufferwell

I've only done it a couple of times and it was awful. I've heard that pot magnifies your dominant personality traits and I got even more anxious and paranoid. I was so scared that I've never come down. It was very unpleasant for me but of course everyone's different.

2Crowded

Back in the day...I dont think it made me paranoid at all....it was my teen years...only a span of maybe 3 or 4 years did I smoke it once in a great wile...always was kind of fun then...but just here maybe 3 or 4 years ago I smoked some...my idea at the time was to maybe lesson the pain of a tooth that was busted & had to come out in the morning....bad idea...made the tooth hurt worse...throbed like crazy..amplified it.... plus it made me paranoid behond belief....i thought I was going to die....told myself then "never again"...it sucked.

dpr

I've found a lot of people get this, especially after smoking it for a number of years.

I used to smoke it on the weekends when I was in high school and sometimes during the week. It was great then. In college I started smoking every day. I would seriously take "weed breaks" in between studying. I was totally addicted to the shit, and some other drugs too.

Anyway, I quit doing all drugs except for weed halfway through college. But I still smoked weed every day for the second half of college and two years after college. It wasn't even really fun, I just had to do it. Then I started getting super paranoid about everything. Super self-conscious, even more so than my usual self. And sometimes I would think about something unpleasant and be unable to stop thinking about it. Sometimes it would shut me up and I just couldn't talk, even with close friends or family. Definitely did more harm than good. The only time I'll smoke it now is if I'm really drunk, but I never smoke it sober anymore and I don't buy my own anymore either.

And just for the record, cigarettes don't calm you down. The only reason people think that, is because the nicotine addiction makes you anxious when you've gone a long time without a cigarette, so then when you have one you get that sense of relief and relaxation. But you'd be more relaxed if you just didn't smoke.

Angel_Of_Death

Weed has a different effect on everyone.

I've been smoking for the past 4 years, and what I have learned is that almost anything else, when you abuse of the substance, things go bad.

Weed makes me anti-social, and if there are people around me it's going to make me extremely anxious and paranoid. However, when I'm alone or with one of my few close friends (who I feel really comfortable with), and in the right setting, it's something that I really enjoy and it relaxes me like nothing else could.

This summer, I've gotten into the habit of driving up late at night after work to the airport (in Montreal), there is a huge parking lot just behind the place where the planes take-off and land, and I would lite one up and just watch the planes, the sky and breathe in the fresh air and just relax.

Lately I've been smoking on average about a joint per day, even at this rate I think it's too much. School starts in 2 weeks, I'm gonna have to push myself to lower down my dosage to about once or twice a week. It's not easy as I am addicted to it.