Ever think too much?

Rembrandt Broam

Anyone else ever think that they think too much?

There I am, sitting on the train on the way home from work, when I happen to notice this young woman sitting nearby, reading a newspaper. You know how every once in a while you encounter a girl who transcends cute, surpasses pretty and blazes unashamedly into pure unadulterated beauty? Well...that. :)

So I start to wonder about her because, well, that's what I do on those rare occasions when someone captures my attention. She's probably going home to a boyfriend or husband. Perhaps he's already home. Maybe he took the afternoon off and spent it cooking her favourite food, just for the smile it will bring to her face when she walks through the door. No doubt he's been watching the clock as he worked, anticipating the sound of her key turning in the lock, and the soft murmur as she calls out a greeting from the hallway. Now she's home, he moves from the kitchen to the living room, watching her enter, seeing her start to smile and then pause as she catches the aroma of the food, and her smile widens. As she crosses the room, the stresses and anxieties of the day falling away from her, the light from the window catches the smooth ivory skin of her cheek, and glints off her rich dark mane of ebony hair, and seeing her standing there, how she looks, how she sounds, how she smells, it's like a light going on his heart, as though his soul, his very being, is uplifted, and he knows how very lucky he is.

Uh yeah. Like I said, maybe I think too much. :)

jaixo

I agree - that was quite beautifully written. :)

But no, I don't believe there's any such thing as "thinking too much". ::p:

I'd have to agree with Midnight and Jaixo. That was a delight to read! <3

I also think too much. The problem is that I often don't notice that I'm thinking too much. So when people ask me to elaborate my thoughts I'm usually so far into my analysis that what comes out sounds like gibberish to them. The simplest of things will take me hours to explain in such a way they'd understand. If there are correct words for it at all. :/

It makes it quite difficult to connect to people in general.

Tiercel

My overthinking tends to be of the unproductive analytical variety. Like "she said "x." Does that literally mean what it says, or am I missing something? What if she meant "y" instead?" And it goes for guys, too.

Curse this silly social disease.

:D

mads

@ Rembrandt

Really good text. I think you should consider making more of that. Because it was really good.

awkwardamanda

I guess you're thinking too much when you start thinking about how much you think about things!:D

Yeah, I'm kinda like that too. My mind is always racing. I'm constantly overanalyzing things, or completely random and weird thoughts pop into my head. Often one thing leads to another and I start to wonder what the hell got me thinking about what I am and then I have to backtrack along my chain of thoughts to figure out how I wound up where I did in my head. I spend an awful lot of time daydreaming too.:rolleyes:

chrisjurban

Lol yes. To the point at which I want to blow my own brains out to stop the confusion. Using logic instead of emotion to deal with reality is not effective.

sevenroses

I think I think way to much because right now it`s the middle of summer plus 25 out and I suddenly have this terrifying fear of dying going ice fishing in winter if we ever do it as a work activity.

Hannes

That was beautifully written Rembrandt, and no I don't think one can think too much. The art of thinking though is to concentrate as much of that thinking as you can on things which will have a positive effect in your life. It is the negative thought which destroys us! "I think, therefore I am!"

mrb

yea but nothing as deep as you wrote :) i just think hmmm wonder what she looks like naked :) i know its naughty , i know its wrong , and if she could read my mind id probably get a smack in the mouth :eek: