ever noticed?

Lorraine Manca

ever noticed the men in the movies look really feminine? whats going on!!! they've got these delicate faces and they're thin, pale, extra smooth skin, some of them even look like they're wearing lipstick! i have nothing against guys that want to be female, if thats what makes some folks happy, then thats really great. if cross dressing made me happy, id do it too in a heart beat. I just never thought itd enter the mainstream so quickly without anyone hardly noticing. how do you go from folks like robert de niro and jack nicholson to the pretty petite fellas they have now?

recluse

Yeah i have noticed this too! Before we had Stallone, Van damme, Arnie, De niro, Harrison Ford, John Malkovich, John Wayne, Clint Eastwood etc

Now we have - Orlando Bloom, Elijah Wood (perfect as a Hobbit but as a Football Hooligan!!???) and others i don't know about.

Lonelykitsune

i read somwhere that the same features attractive in women are also attractive in men,they did some study somewhere but for the life of me i cant remember where.
Lol,i like feminine looking men with long hair and stuff,so i dont mind!Maybe cos i think there less threatening or something i dunno.
But yeah definetly in older movies it was all "macho" men

methinks that's a good thing. I dislike men who try real hard to be macho. I think it's a silly part of the western culture.

Why can't real men cry? Why do we have to engage in dangerous activities? Even risking death than to risk being labeled umnaly. Why must we have sex with as many women as possible to prove our masculinity?

ForeverBlue2

Yeah I have noticed too. Even I used to love a good Van Damme movie but they are a bit cheesy when I look back at them now. At the time they were great!!
I mean when you are a chick you don't want to be dating a guy who is skinnier than you are!! (no offence to naturally skinny guys who can't put on weight even if they tried). Unless of course that is your personal preference and everybody is different. But it seems to be a look that these Hollywood guys and even the every day guy on the street are aspiring to.
They wear those real skinny jeans that just don't look masculine at all but you don't have to look macho. Maybe that look is fine when you are teenager but when you are a 'man' it kind of doesn't seem right.

Lorraine Manca

awesome, im not crazy. other folks notice too. so whats next? masculine women in the movies? now thats gonna be interesting!