Ever been homeless?

Remus

Staff member
I lived in a hostel for single parents with my son for a couple of months before being rehoused, are you in UK, your local council should help you if you are

jordo

Psychedelicious said:
haha i like your attitude :lol:

thats so sad for anyone here who did or may be :cry:.

i think that its a strong possibility for me if i dont get my act together...

Walk

Being homeless sucks, I was close.

BUT, in the end, homelessness is a personal choice.

JonnyD

Walk said:
Being homeless sucks, I was close.

BUT, in the end, homelessness is a personal choice.

how come?

the nearest was when they locked me out, i'm gratefull my window don't have a lock!

LonelyLeaf

Can't say I have, but if my parents throw me out (God forbid!) I will be.....homelessness needn't nessesarily be a personal choice 'Walk'; say a company decides to downsize and you get layed off; what if you are unable to pay your bills and the landlord evicts you? Homeless..I hope no one here becomes homeless, but anyway what has this got to do with Social Anxiety? :?

theblank

I have been homeless a few times in my life, not sleeping on the streets homeless, but the sleeping in my car, on friend's couches, living in cheap hotels/hostels, moving back in with my parents kind of homeless. It REALLY, REALLY STINKS and takes already low self esteem down to a whole new level.

Unfortunately, after a year and a half of prosperity and stability, it looks like I am sliding downward again and will be back in same position in the VERY near future. The thought depresses me, but I can't let it beat me. Somehow I've got to find a way to end this way of unstable, poor person type living. In all likelihood I'm going to have to take some sort of "normal" job instead of being a performing artist which I have been for the past 15 years. That means I have to trade in some of the things I love the most; things like freedom, being my own boss, setting my own schedule, having plenty of time off to travel, doing work I enjoy, etc. Yes, I have to trade these things in for a normal/boring/welcome to the rat race kind of existence. With the kind of person I am, I honestly don't know if I can handle it. I don't seem cut out for that kind of world. I wish I could find a better solution to my problems, but I haven't so far.

dpr

theblank said:
I have been homeless a few times in my life, not sleeping on the streets homeless, but the sleeping in my car, on friend's couches, living in cheap hotels/hostels, moving back in with my parents kind of homeless. It REALLY, REALLY STINKS and takes already low self esteem down to a whole new level.

Unfortunately, after a year and a half of prosperity and stability, it looks like I am sliding downward again and will be back in same position in the VERY near future. The thought depresses me, but I can't let it beat me. Somehow I've got to find a way to end this way of unstable, poor person type living. In all likelihood I'm going to have to take some sort of "normal" job instead of being a performing artist which I have been for the past 15 years. That means I have to trade in some of the things I love the most; things like freedom, being my own boss, setting my own schedule, having plenty of time off to travel, doing work I enjoy, etc. Yes, I have to trade these things in for a normal/boring/welcome to the rat race kind of existence. With the kind of person I am, I honestly don't know if I can handle it. I don't seem cut out for that kind of world. I wish I could find a better solution to my problems, but I haven't so far.

Remember, the less stuff you have the less you need to work. So you could work part time if you just cut back on shit you don't need.

The less you buy, the less you have to work and the more time you have for living.

What kind of performance art do you do?