Essential Oils for Hyperhydrosis?

Banini

Hi Everyone,

I've been browsing various non-invasive ways of dealing with my hyperhydrosis (specifically the armpits, I can live with sweaty palms and feet).

One way I'm dealing with it now is using a Dermalogica deodorant that smells quite nice and cancels out any bad odours but, it doesn't stop any amount of sweat. So I also use DIY sweat guards to keep my shirts dry but, it still feels strange having these damp pads under your pits.

I've been casually googling essential oils for sweat and the one that most frequently pops up is Sage leaf pills and Sage essential oil. I'm considering it as an option but, I'm unsure of how reliable essential oils are in general.

Has anyone tried Sage for their hyperhydrosis? Or any thoughts on how legitimate this method is?

Sincerely,

Banini :question:

TLB

Hey, I have heard of sage being quite helpful. I'd be careful though, because as they are often unregulated, some contain a chemical called thujone which is toxic to your liver and can cause seizures. Also, it can increase your blood pressure, lower your blood glucose levels (keep an eye on this if you have DM). Of course the thujone won't be dangerous if you use sage once or twice, but if you are using it every day for the rest of your life, I'd consider alternatives. I read somewhere that it isn't dangerous if you use it as a tea, rather than take it as a tablet.

Sprawling

We've had many postings on the use of sage over the years. For the most part it really doesn't help many. That being said, it's worth a try. It may work for your body.