Employment and support allowance

PrettyBoy

Is anyone on this? if so how long did it take for the money to go into your bank account after you had give your doctors note to the job center? If you can remember. I'm going up with my note tomorrow and kind of need the money on Saturday. Thanks.

Luke1993

Assuming this is in the UK, it usually takes some time. I don't think you'll get it by saturday I'm afraid.

Noca

Banned
It took me 3 days from filing the forms to getting a cheque in the mail from Disability here.

Danfalc

Banned
Have you just put a claim in or had your claim approved,if you have just put a claim in it might be a while.Is Employment and support allowance the same as income support?Because I'm in the uk and manage to get that and d.l.a for sa and depression.Though I had to go through a few tribunals.

PrettyBoy

The claim has been approved but the doctors note was only for 3 months so it ran out on the 30th Oct so I have to go the doctors and get a new one backdated to the 30th Oct. It used to be called incapacity benefit I think.

Danfalc

Banned
I presume as soon as you get the note,they will clear your payement to go in,might take a few days to a week at the longest,make sure you get your doctor to back date it.They do stop asking you for notes eventualy,It helps if you can get your doctor to write a not which covers you for say 6 months.

Last edited:

Remus

Staff member
Ah right, I done that too pretty boy, best phone them up to check on progress, often gives them a kick up the bum

AimeeSP

I can't rememeber how long the money took to go through, but as for the doctors notes they interviewed me on how bad my social anxiety was after 4 months on the £47 a week wage, and after they had done that it went upto £89 a week and no more need for doctors notes.

mikestar

Banned
jeeeesus £89 a week what a complete joke, i don't get that and my social anxiety is the worst in the whole wide world

its meant to be 89 pounds after 3 months. im on it and the moneys usually sent to u during the same week u sent off the sicknote, you could tell them to send u a giro if you want it quick and they will send u that through the post.

Remus

Staff member
I get £91.50 and my rent and council tax paid for, can't complain really. If I got disability I'd get much more, just failed to qualify.

I'm hoping to recover from my physical injury though and go back to work, though a less demanding job

Danfalc

Banned
what disability.......

Disability living allowance.Its another benefit you can claim in the uk along side income support or incapicty benefit,and it doesnt affect your other benefits at all.Its ment for people who are long term sick or disabled,such as in a wheel chair.But if you can prove your mental illness is serious enough you can get the lower rates,or in some cases the higher for more serious illnesses.

Lea

Banned
I wonder what testing or monitoring is done to estimate the degree of your social phobia. Is it done just by a doctor, or by the jobcentre as well? Or is it based only on what you say in your application form? | was mentioned before by my psychologist I could get it for Asperger syndrome - just because I have this diagnose. But I didn't investigate about it yet, because I can work. I am not fit mentally but physically and think I can at least do cleaning or things like that. But I understand some people can't because they get panic attacks and paranoia etc., everybody's symptoms are different. We keep talking about "SA" here, but I think no people with "SA" have exactly the same symptoms and problems.

Danfalc

Banned
its done mainly by the application form you fill out,they are very hard and can be hard to fill out you have to know what they are looking for.Its based on a points scheme,you basicaly have to score a certain amount of points.I think the criteria can be found on the net.It also helps if you can get a doctor to provide a statement and help you fill in parts of the form.Also citizens advice are great!

Often you will also have to go t a medical assesment where you will speak to a doctor one on one,basicaly again this is like a test where you have to tick the right boxes.

Last edited:

redhead042

Is anyone on this? if so how long did it take for the money to go into your bank account after you had give your doctors note to the job center? If you can remember. I'm going up with my note tomorrow and kind of need the money on Saturday. Thanks.

it's quite a long process you wouldn,t get it by the weekend, i had to go to a doctor through the job centre who access me me and then get back to the job centre to say if it can go through. a month or two