Eating Disorders?

FriendlyShadow

My diet is pretty unbalanced sometimes. One day I'll want to eat, next day I feel like skipping breakfast/lunch. As far as food cravings go, I usually indulge myself with potato chips, fruit, or chocolates. The urge to eat is strong in me. Sometimes I overdo it. It's like a drug.

LoyalXenite

Since moving in to my father's garage his mate buys us dinner most nights and its always fast food, and he always buys junk food too so our cupboards always have chips or biscuits or chocolate or some other crap in them, so living here makes it much worse coz I have access to a lot of crap to binge on.

I've never had a good relationship with food, in my teens I alternated between binge eating and purging or skipping meals. Never enough to develop anorexia or bulimia though. Food deprivation was also a punishment that was inflicted on me a lot in my childhood, not so much as bed without dinner when I'd misbehaved, as much as the food belonged to my mother and I'd get beaten if I ate something without her permission. There were some foods that were essentially mine (like weetbix or something) but I'd also get in a world of trouble if it ran out too soon, but it was also used as a reward system or treat too, so I've never had a good balance.

Now I dont purge or really skip, but I still struggle with binge eating. I eat for comfort, depression issues means I dont cook so I eat microwave meals or cereal or various types of food in that vein/ junk food and take away crap too. I've eaten to the point of making myself ill more times than Im willing to admit and my body has paid the price.