Eating Disorders

bsebring

Does anyone correlate their social anxiety with an eating disorder such as Anorexia Nervosa, Bulimia Nervosa, Compulsive Overeating, or Binge Eating Disorder? In high school I did my senior year and about a year later I developed it again after I got out of a bad relationship. However I'm over it for now. I came to accept that it happens when I'm in extremely distraught situations. I fear I'll lose myself again when I start college next semester. I guess if I had a drug of choice it'd be Ana b/c it's a way for me to control my emotions. I'm not sure if this applies to anyone else but I'm just trying to figure out where this desire "for perfection" stems from.

missjesss

Banned
I think this is a bi product of s.a or bdd you will find most ppl also struggle with an eating disorder I know I did and still do! at first it started out as a diet and I got to my goal weight but as soon as I wud have some "bad food" I lost control and wud feel so guilty about it I wud purge so basically it went from dieting to bulimia then I stopped the purging then I discovered drugs and that became my new addiction ... I then had to stop drugs so my old habits with food started again :-( and as of late its been out of control its like I just don't care anymore and Ive been overeating and not going to the gym its so yuk I just wish these problems wud disappear seriously :-( it's like a vicious cycle so now if I ever want to loose some weight coz I have gained a little bit lately I don't see the point coz I don't want to trigger old habbits meh what can we do hey

bsebring

I go through stages of not eating for days, then eating too much :/.

That's how it was and kinda is now for me. But I couldn't bring myself to shift into bulimia after the binges. Really, it depends on the month I'm having. it doesn't seem like it's as intense now and my weights staying the same...humm maybe I'm not over this.

miss_amy

I have anorexia. I'm having a good patch at the moment. Like you mine comes and goes. Even in my good patches when I'm eating well and my weight is up, the bad thoughts are still there. I think I'm a lot older than you. Ive had some kind of eating problem for 20 years. I think its something that will always be somewhere in the background having to be managed for me.

SonicMan

I developed an eating disorder last year. I think it came with some depression over my social problems. I became dangerously underweight and was unwell. I am back to health now but my eating is still not completely normal.

lunarla

I don't really say I haaaaave any of those disorders because when I have exhibited the behaviour of them, it's very, very short lived. Usually. If I remember correctly. And also very spaced out over time. I have tried just not eating/eating very little. I haaaaave binged and purged sortaaaa. Somewhat recently too. But for me, binging would be like, eating 2 cups of pasta. And I'll be like, "uuuugh" and already feel sick so yeah.

Maybe that's just a whole lot of denial.