Drug which mimics alcohol.

i was watching this brittish show about drinking and alcoholism and apparently there is this drug which has been developed which mimics all the reactions in the brain when under the influence of alcohol.

the only difference is when needing to "come down" off the effects of the drug in a hurry all that is needed is for the antidote to be taken...and in only a matter of minutes your back to normal again..thats it, no hangover no headache, nothing.

..i think its still an experimental drug at this stage, but got me thinking...a possible good stimulant for SAD sufferers of the future maybe?

its surely got to be better then being an alcoholic, which sadly i am as a result of having SAD. but i bet they (the drug developers) havnt even thought about its use in treating anxiety disorders yet.

..but like most drugs it might have other undesirable side effects or be addictive, although the show didn't mention what they were, i just wish i remembered what they called it?..somthing like synthetic alcohol or somthing like that.

My question to you is have you heard of any such drug or even seen the show maybe? .and would you take a drug like this if you thought it helped?... i know i would!

Last edited:

foxdude

if it had the exact same effects of alcohol on the brain only wthout the hangover, wouldn't that make it even more addictive than alcohol already is (especially for shy people)?

Anyway I don't need all the effects of alcohol...loss of concentration, impulsivity, agression, oversensitivity... no thanks.

if it had the exact same effects of alcohol on the brain only wthout the hangover, wouldn't that make it even more addictive than alcohol already is (especially for shy people)?

Anyway I don't need all the effects of alcohol...loss of concentration, impulsivity, agression, oversensitivity... no thanks.

it all depends...not all drugs are hard to 'shake off' if you no longer wish to take them...when i detoxed from paroxetine 40mg, it only took me 3 weeks cold turkey after being on it for 6 months...the addictive properties of a drug have nothing to do with its desirableness...my concern wouldn't be how addictive the drug is as some ppl have to take drugs their whole life with no issues (heart medication for example)...but would be are there any detremental side effects to taking it i.e memory loss, brain damage, impotence whatever