Don't want to talk to coworkers

LazyHermitCrab

I work in a small office (only 3 other people). 2 of them are usually out so I'm usually one on one with my boss. I don't like talking to him unless it's business related. He gets mad if I'm 5 minutes late and is nitpicky. He also said I would get a company phone and I never got one and put my desk in the middle of everything out in the open. Now there's going to be a company holiday party and I don't want to go because it's right after working with them for 8 hours. I don't like having to see the same people everyday... :/ will I get fired for not being friendly enough? What are some things I can talk about without it being personal?

zharl

I don't think you can get fired for not showing up to a holiday party, but if you don't work well with your coworkers that could reflect badly...

It's hard to say what you should talk about. What are your hobbies? Maybe you can strike up a conversation by talking about something you're interested in. Provided that the listening party is receptive, of course.

Last edited: