dont talk enough

chibiXphantom

ive been with my boyfriend for quite a few months now. to me things seemed to be going great and fine. we talk a lot, we tell eachother things we've never told anyone else. i talk to him more than anyone and he knows me better than anyone and he's my best friend...
then last night he kept saying how i don't talk enough and that he's upset that i never tell him anything. he said how he and his ex would sit and talk for hours about anything and everything...
I thought I did that? I mean i don't say everything thats on my mind cause i dont think its really conversation worthy. I've never been super talkative and am not used to having someone there to talk to.

So.. should i try to force myself to talk more?
or should i just try to help him understand that i'm not the type of person who can talk and talk for hours?:confused:

Shyangel

If he loves you he wouldn't force you to be someone your not. I think that's a really bad sign that he compared you to his ex. That's a really hurtful thing to do. I'm not saying he doesn't love you but you shouldn't tolerate him talking to you like that. It is important that you guys communicate, though. If he has concerns with the relationship it's good he's talking to you and you should listen, but if it isn't constructive and he never seems happy, that's not good for you and you should move on. But, I just think you should talk to him about it. If he cares and wants to make it work, he'll understand. You tell him to never compare you to his ex again unless he wants to become yours. Period. If he's as great as you say he is you should just tell him how you feel and he should understand.

nothing better for a relationship than honesty;

if he can't handle the true, maybe is not the right guy for u.

OceanMist

I don't understand why he's complaining. You say you contribute as much as you feel necessary to conversations, all you can do is your best, which is what you are doing.

Besides, you have a right to be quiet when you feel like it. Personally, I'm a reserved person and talking only comes to me at certain times. If I was in a relationship where I constantly had to say something like every day, I may not have enough to say.

I think you should stand up for who you are and tell him that this is who I am, and tell him, "if it bothers you that much than why are you going out with me?" I feel like what he's telling you is insulting because he's basically saying "he can get better" by mentioning his ex and how she was so "great at talking."

Heck, tell him if his ex is so great, why doesn't he go back to her instead of calling you quiet. That may be mean, but what he's doing to you is mean so he has that coming imo.

Sorry, I just don't like it when certain outgoing people expect everyone to be these blabber mouth alpha superior conversationalists. People are wired in different ways. We should do what's natural, we shouldn't have to force ourselves to say a million things if we don't want to talk that much.

Last edited: