Does your preferences affect your SA?

da_illest101

How much does your personal preference about anything affect your SA?

For me it depends, I can live with the fact that people know that I'm not out going play videos games and be online all day, but I have trouble with people finding out I have a weakness for larger girls aka bbw or ssbbw. For some reason I don't have enough backbone to stand up for this preference of mine. I already missed out on potential intetest because of that.

The thing I don't get is why is it a big deal for me since people have been questionning my preferences in pretty much everything before and this one wouldn't even be a big deal, but somehow I can't do it.

I have a friend who is large and I'm scared of hanging out with her because of that, it's such a weird reason to get panic attack over it, but sadly i can't control it.

Section_31

i sort of relate , though its on a different topic.

Im one of the biggest star trek nerds you'll ever meet. I love wearing my uniform...untill i had to go outside to get to the comic expo lol. I was a nevrous wreck even amongst others who were dressed up way more than I.

Your not alone.

psych

How much does your personal preference about anything affect your SA?

For me it depends, I can live with the fact that people know that I'm not out going play videos games and be online all day, but I have trouble with people finding out I have a weakness for larger girls aka bbw or ssbbw. For some reason I don't have enough backbone to stand up for this preference of mine. I already missed out on potential intetest because of that.

The thing I don't get is why is it a big deal for me since people have been questionning my preferences in pretty much everything before and this one wouldn't even be a big deal, but somehow I can't do it.

I have a friend who is large and I'm scared of hanging out with her because of that, it's such a weird reason to get panic attack over it, but sadly i can't control it.

In my case, it's the other way around, my SA is determining my preferences... In that, I hate crowds, hot climates, & shopping.

I say go for all the beautiful big babes you want, to hell with what other people think. At least you'll have somebody. :)

I've noticed I enjoy shopping with friends... I draw strength from my companions, provided they are supportive.

Bustn Justin

I feel that I do not fit into a particular group of people and it makes it hard.

I am a bit geeky, love EDM, watch sitcoms, and like to dress well.

As well being open sexually makes it even more difficult.

WeirdyMcGee

I didn't understand this topic until I thought of the relationship between socializing and drugs/alcohol... then I remembered-- 'oh, yeah... I'm straight edge!'

Yeah, that effects my ability to hang out with people.
I'm boring because I don't drink, smoke, do drugs or have casual sex.
That's fine with me but people will treat me differently- even rudely upon finding out that I don't do any of those things; constantly saying 'we need to get you drunk- it would be so funny!' or 'too bad you don't sleep with anyone~ we might actually want you around more often.'
Are those supposed to be funny things to say to people? Or appropriate?
No?
Didn't think so.
I'm pressured much more to do things I won't do and when I don't bow down to the peer pressure, I'm told to leave because I'm boring.
So, I leave and never hang out with anyone nor do I have any friends.

My preferences probably affect my relationships with other people moderately-- my S.A. and agoraphobia very minimally.

Starry

That's fine with me but people will treat me differently- even rudely upon finding out that I don't do any of those things; constantly saying 'we need to get you drunk- it would be so funny!' or 'too bad you don't sleep with anyone~ we might actually want you around more often.'

I'm sorry, but that is just shocking! What is wrong with some people?!

I'm the same... I don't do anything so-called "normal" people do... If anyone said anything like that to me I think I'd be glad to be rid of them... Thankfully I haven't encountered anyone who has even hinted at anything like that to me.

psych

I didn't understand this topic until I thought of the relationship between socializing and drugs/alcohol... then I remembered-- 'oh, yeah... I'm straight edge!'

Are those supposed to be funny things to say to people? Or appropriate?
No?
Didn't think so.
I'm pressured much more to do things I won't do and when I don't bow down to the peer pressure, I'm told to leave because I'm boring.
So, I leave and never hang out with anyone nor do I have any friends.

My preferences probably affect my relationships with other people moderately-- my S.A. and agoraphobia very minimally.

Wow, that sucks. People suck. Nothing wrong with being straight edge.
I've always been able to out with folks much different than I. So long as we both respect those differences.
I can have fun almost anywhere.
When I don't feel like drinking, drunk ppl can be pretty entertaining, until they're not.... Then it's time for me to bail. :)

Foxface

Need input.

I'm not sure what you mean, but I don't have friends becuase I am different than everyone else. I have different interests, not into getting drunk, showing off, partying etc.

I also have Autism, which makes me social awkward. I have really bad social/communication skills, so I never know what to say with anyone, never know how to start a conversation, other then to say hello.

My speech library fils have been corrupted, and don't have a good vacubulary. I have the voculbary of someone who is still in elemenary school, besides quite a few computer words.

I'm outging, and love to explore, go driving and go on adventures.

Girls is my biggest problem, my communication skills being my second, becuase I can't talk to them. Especially with my looks, as soon as they look, they judge me like a parasite and pretend I don't exist. So many mean ones, especially in the city. I think a lot of them are the same. Hard to find someone who is different. Even girls like me, I can hardly get close to, except on-line which is extremely rare, even then, if I can communicate with them easily, it never works out.

EscapeArtist

I find it unusual that you are afraid of hanging out with larger girls, at the same time I understand. But you see, I feel like a lot of people will actually respect you for your preference simply because it is so against what the media tries to portray.

I'm a lesbian and not being around any lesbians throughout my life makes me not even know how I would be around a group of em. I probably would have the worst anxiety of my life, so that definitely is a factor in my anxiety. I feel as if I do not have to care about how I look because it is so rare that I run into somebody that I'm attracted to, but the carelessness about my appearance still contributes significantly to my anxiety...

da_illest101

Need input.

I'm not sure what you mean, but I don't have friends becuase I am different than everyone else. I have different interests, not into getting drunk, showing off, partying etc.

I also have Autism, which makes me social awkward. I have really bad social/communication skills, so I never know what to say with anyone, never know how to start a conversation, other then to say hello.

My speech library fils have been corrupted, and don't have a good vacubulary. I have the voculbary of someone who is still in elemenary school, besides quite a few computer words.

I'm outging, and love to explore, go driving and go on adventures.

Girls is my biggest problem, my communication skills being my second, becuase I can't talk to them. Especially with my looks, as soon as they look, they judge me like a parasite and pretend I don't exist. So many mean ones, especially in the city. I think a lot of them are the same. Hard to find someone who is different. Even girls like me, I can hardly get close to, except on-line which is extremely rare, even then, if I can communicate with them easily, it never works out.

I meant like because you like something that others might not like it triggers your anxiety more than usual.

Basically you are scared of doing something like, saying that you like something because other people reactions to it might trigger an anxiety attack

Foxface

I meant like because you like something that others might not like it triggers your anxiety more than usual.

Basically you are scared of doing something like, saying that you like something because other people reactions to it might trigger an anxiety attack

I into Naturism, which most pople in North America, it is taboo for them. I believe in equal rights for everyone, ufortunately, many people disagree.

Many people don't think gays/lesbians should have equal right and get married.

da_illest101

I into Naturism, which most pople in North America, it is taboo for them. I believe in equal rights for everyone, ufortunately, many people disagree.

Many people don't think gays/lesbians should have equal right and get married.

The day I get a car, I'm going to a nude beach. Always wanted to be a naturist, but I would just find it odd to ask people I know to drive me to a nude beach, especially since they are super religious lol.

Foxface

The day I get a car, I'm going to a nude beach. Always wanted to be a naturist, but I would just find it odd to ask people I know to drive me to a nude beach, especially since they are super religious lol.

Many religous people are actually Naturists. They should be as it is in the Bible. Jesus was nude for a 3 year persiod. I think it was Jesus. He told people to preach nude too.

People are baptized nude. It's funny, how many religous folks are so uptight against nudity, since it's how we were meant to be, God's greatest creation. For people to think God's greatest creation was a sin, that would be Satin's greatest (place correct word here, I don't know it).

I do not follow any religon, if I did, I would be Christian, which is people who volunteer to follow God. I don't think it's really a religon, someplac explained this it was something else, but not a religon, I forget the word., but I read about Naturism and God.

There are a few Naturist Christian forums and stie on the internet.