Does this make me sick in the head

dannyboy65

Recently I've developed the hobby of writing. I love horror stories and movies, they have always been my favorite. Well I'm writing a story where the antagonist is a serial killer. So I've named a few good names and made a biography for each name so I could choose the setting and antagonist. I find I go in deep detail about the killers and I even mention their favorite ways to kill for example one character locks his victims in a kill room where he either tortures or kills them. I have torture scenes in mind for him and murder scenes. But that's one of the 5 another one is an arsonist.

I really like writing this stuff but I wonder if people would find me sick in the head cause I enjoy writing this. I find all the stuff wrong and I would never do it. It's just fascinating to go in depth of the killers mind. Also creating all these interest me as my favorite movies are Friday The 13th and Halloween. It doesn't make me sick to like this genre right?

It surely doesn't make you sick dannyboy, if this was the case, psychiatric hospitals would be filled with horror movie directors already, wouldn't they?

Nowadays, many things don't shock anyone anymore.

Personally, I hate horror movies, they really make me paranoid.

Last edited:

GraybeardGhost

We all have dark thoughts and/or impulses from time to time. That alone doesn't make us sick. It sounds like you've found a very healthy outlet for your ideas. I say keep it up and enjoy! :thumbup:

slimjim119

No it doesn't mean you are sick in the head. I've been a horror movie fan for a long time and I don't think I am sick in the head :). The original Halloween and Friday the 13th are two of my favorites.

No you're not sick. You're creative and write horror. Even crime writers get into serial killer writing and have to put a mode for characters.