Does not compute

Dudley

So a strange thought entered my head as I was trying to fall asleep last night. I was tired, so it was weird. Bear with me.

Okay, so I'm in an elevator and I press the button to make it go up. It won't go. I'm not asleep, so it's not a dream. It's just a thought and I know it's just a thought. Still, I cannot make the elevator go up.

Anyone else ever get thoughts like this? Is this even OCD related or is it just some weird elevator-related thought? Just curious

iamthenra

Maybe the control panel is busted?

3760729636_aef410dbf9_o.gif

Too funny! Or maybe it isn't even an elevator at all, maybe it's the mens lavatory! And that would explain why it isn't moving....

RedRibbons

hmm well I know that when I am close to falling asleep I have less control over my thoughts and end up thinking some really weird stuff. You might have been experiencing that?

mmmm

it's your brain going into a theta wave state just before you go to sleep. that's where geniouses get their ideas from. i go there often and i love it. way better than real life

Dudley

hmm well I know that when I am close to falling asleep I have less control over my thoughts and end up thinking some really weird stuff. You might have been experiencing that?

Almost definitely. I try to remember what I think of when I'm falling asleep and it's stuff like "Mississippi vending machine got its driver's license this week." Often times I find myself asking what the heck I just said. This time was just weird because I knew it was just a thought and couldn't change it.

neko

I randomly get that kind of thoughts especially when I'm daydreaming. Like you think of something but it doesn't go like you'd want it to go, right?

Dudley

I randomly get that kind of thoughts especially when I'm daydreaming. Like you think of something but it doesn't go like you'd want it to go, right?

Exactly! It's so weird because I keep trying to make it work, too.