Does anyone suffer from Attachment Disorder too? please help!

Hero

Hey people :)
I've always had trouble with being needy and insecure towards women... this has stemmed from having an overly-close relationship with my mother, I was very dependent on her as I had no-one else, and would get scared, anxious and jealous about her being taken away etc.

When I hit 13 I suddenly couldn't care less, I developed confidence gradually. But the psychological root was born and has rooted!

I now feel very dependent with woman I go out with. Ones that accept me, even though I'm different. I'm worried when I see them get on very well with male friends (there was an example 7 years ago when my girlfriend ignored me and was flirting all night with another guy which I never fully came to grips with) I also get overly worried when I don't hear from them, or when they don't reply to messages. My mind gets over-reactive, particularly when I don't know where I stand with her. Sometimes I just lay in bed worrying, or listening out for my phone to get off. I always have a mini anxiety attack before I read the message- what if it's rejection? etc

So I wondered if anyone else can feel my pain? I try to focus on other things- career searching, working out, tv shows... but this problem never seems to really go :(

I thought i was the only one.

I am attached to my partner like that. I need to be incontact with him all the time,i need to see him every day and when he doesn't want to see me and a day just to chill on his own i take it so personal and think he doesn't love me anymore.

i get attached to one person right now i think that is my boyfriend because i don't have any close friends where i am at the moment but before i met my boyfriend it used to be one person (mostly a friend) and I'd spend all my time with them, do everything for them and message them all the time, it even got so bad that one of my best friends (we would do everything together, there wasn't him without me or me without him) told me at the end of school he never wanted to see me again, i lost him as a friend cause i was so attached to him. I have grown up in many ways but still attach myself to one person to depend on. I always think im an independent woman but i'm really not and i'm 21 and still look for that someone to depend on (boyfriend)its just too much for that one person to take i think...ive lost so many friends this way as they become the object of my attachment...

I think its bad, i wouldn't say i fancied my friends that i attached onto i think i just don't like my own company and so id attach onto someone to make myself less lonely and secure.( i dunno if its to do with acceptance)

With my boyfriend i just love him so much i just can't see myself living without him, i feel so strongly towards him it scares me some times.

My friend who i was attached too in highschool (another guy) moved away to the other side of the world and it killed me when he left i haven't really gotten over it.

People call me crazy but i'm really not!

jaim38

I used to latch onto anyone who is nice to me. I get in their faces so much that they grew annoyed. Now I have learnt to be more distant with people to give them space.

One of the reasons I avoid relationships is because I fear I will become too attached to my partner. I will become weaker and lose my independence. This is what happened to my mom and her sister; after they got married, they spent most of their time at home taking care of kids. I'm not bashing motherhood here. I think the work that housewives do is undervalued because raising kids and doing cooking, cleaning, buying healthy food, etc is by no means easy. But my mom's mind has deteriorated after getting married, in my opinion.

I'm currently watching a show about the life of a king and his many wives. All the wives do is gossip, backstab, and b***h about every little thing there is. It's like they have nothing else to do but be a b***h.