Does anyone else find that...

BlaiseBLATES

...when you do something really good you tend to forget about it?
But as soon as you fail yourself it's on your mind for weeks?
Just a week ago now I managed to get into town for my brothers wedding, but it feels like I've done really bad because although I got into the middle of town on a busy day I had a panic attack.
Family and friends keep telling me how proud they are of me for doing what I did but as soon as they meancion how well I've done my first thought is 'yeah but I still had a panic attack'.
I know I did good, but this negative thinking really puts me down. Please say I'm not the only one?

mmmm

You're so not the only one. The main thing that struck me about your post was how people congratulated you for doing something they take so for granted. people do this to me too and it feels like Bill Gates is congratulating a waitress for making a five cent tip.

I know this wasn't the point of your thread. Sorry

BlaiseBLATES

Lol that's okay :).
The end made me laugh, I needed a laugh :).
Glad to know I'm not the only one too (Y) thanks :)

NothingElseMatters

You're so not the only one. The main thing that struck me about your post was how people congratulated you for doing something they take so for granted. people do this to me too and it feels like Bill Gates is congratulating a waitress for making a five cent tip.

I know this wasn't the point of your thread. Sorry

it's their way for telling you that they r with you and that they wanna help you with your situation...maybe its childish but its done with good intentions.

Kinetik

You can't measure everyone by the same standard. In a very general sense, there are always going to be certain things you can do better than others, and things you do worse than others. So to perform even reasonably well on something you struggle with is an achievement no matter how you look at it.

mmmm

I seem to be outnumbered. Of course I know you're right but it doesn't hurt to vent to people who understand