Does anybody on here have zero real friends?

adios

Real? But who is real. I know nice ppl, but are they real friends? Does "real" means the ability to help any time we need a help? Or is it about understanding? Some ppl are nice but dont understand. Some of them even dont try to understand. But are still nice. And will help. And what if your friend dont want to help?
I dont think I have real friends, thought I meet ppl and talk with them.

lily

i feel like a loser that I don't have any friends yet. so lonely. it's hard with sp/sa or with people w/ disabilities? I can't wait to go to church. :sad:

Miserum

I have friends, but it can be a challenge to hang out with them. I feel restricted by them sometimes. At times, I feel like leaving them all to discover who I really can be, without their constant presence forcing me to be who I always have been. That said, I am grateful to have them because I realize without them, I might actually be even worse off.

I've had many more friends in the past but my anxiety, self-loathing, and mistakes have pushed them away.

My life is in relative shambles right now which I'm sure contributes to my SA. It's been a twisting road, with peaks and valleys of progress. Maybe things will change soon, because things are looking up. And I hope I can make new friends in the process, new friends that will enable me to be the best version of me I can possibly be. Or alternatively, improve my perception of the friendships I already do have.

I truly want friends that are emotionally open and that try to understand me, that are conspicuously forgiving of my flaws and that accept me with love and respect. I've had one true friend that I was very close with like that before--a truly exceptional person--but we are no longer talking due to external circumstances that are out of either of our control. It makes me sad just thinking about it.

Last edited:

kuze

I don't have I've single friend, I'm surrounded by a lot of people constantly but don't have any true friends. Anxiety has made me a social outcast.

PugofCrydee

You want to know how I got these scars?
I had friends when I was young, all through primary school. I moved to a new part of the state when I started high school and was treated like a social outcast. It was really tough those years. In my late teens I met my "brothers", a core group of 5 mates where we always had each others backs.
Over the years life happened and we drifted apart. We still have that bond but we hardly see each other now.

I honestly think I could have so called "friends".. but I refuse to be a sheep and be like everyone else. I think life would become a misery for me if I did that.

I know I get lonely and down at times, but at least I feel comfortable with who I am as a person. I don't feel like I'm betraying myself just to have a few sheep.. I mean "friends".