Does anybody here watch "The Simpsons"? I have a superstitious question.

SadSally

The Mandela Effect is a theory put forth by writer and “paranormal consultant” Fiona Broome that shared false memories are in fact glimpses into parallel worlds with different timelines.

Now do any of you remember the episode of "The Simpsons" where Homer goes to New York and needs to use the bathroom so he goes to the World Trade Center? One tower's bathroom was full so he ran across a connecting bridge to get to the other tower.

I remember that there was a connecting bridge between the two towers but apparently there were never any bridges. Now when I watch the episode the bridge is gone.

I'm not the only one who remembers this.

https://www.reddit.com/r/MandelaEff...he_twin_towers_had_2_bridges_connecting_them/

Sacrament

Re: Does anybody here watch "The Simpsons"? I have a superstitious question.

The episode was removed from syndication after the 9/11 attacks and some parts were edited out, so they might have removed the bridges to make it more accurate.

SCP-087-1

I remember him having to run to the bottom of the tower and into the other tower.

So you find it easier to believe that you have memories from a parallel dimension with a different timeline rather than you just remembered a minor detail from a cartoon wrong?

SadSally

I remember him having to run to the bottom of the tower and into the other tower.

So you find it easier to believe that you have memories from a parallel dimension with a different timeline rather than you just remembered a minor detail from a cartoon wrong?

But I really do remember it that way. It is so vivid. I'm not sure how I feel.

GraybeardGhost

There's a particular line that I distinctly remember from the first time I saw Cabaret, but when I watch it again, that line is not in the film at all. The mind plays tricks.

Pacific_Loner

Pirate from the North Pole

Sometimes when they do the editing of tv shows or movies they end up with more than one version. It happens that they end up with different editing depending on the country. And sometimes for a reason or another someone will broadcast another version of it. Objectively talking, the theory of the episode being modified, especially with the events of 9/11 as said Sacrament, would be a more realistic theory than it being a glimpse of a version of The Simpsons from another dimension, I think. :p

SadSally

Sometimes when they do the editing of tv shows or movies they end up with more than one version. It happens that they end up with different editing depending on the country. And sometimes for a reason or another someone will broadcast another version of it. Objectively talking, the theory of the episode being modified, especially with the events of 9/11 as said Sacrament, would be a more realistic theory than it being a glimpse of a version of The Simpsons from another dimension, I think. :p

Yeah, but even if there was a different version, why would the original's existence be hidden?

SCP-087-1

The whole point of that gag was that homer needed to pee really badly but was short on time. So having him go all the way down.the tower and up the other one makes more sense than him just going across a sky bridge. I doubt it exists even in another edit of the episode. It doesn't fit in with what was happening if there was a sky bridge