Do you think I should take this drug?

steve faza

Hi;

I have never posted here.

I've never had a friend in my life. I am 37 guy and computer programmer I write in PHP language.

I went to a doctor yesterday and she said I am depressed because I haven't spoken to a real person in weeks.

She gave me a medication called Lexa Pro.

I am already messed I don't think putting chemicals in my body will help me.

I have heard it makes me sleepy and less energy.

Is there any solution to the sadness that doesn't involve without the drug?

Thank you and my name is Steven.

steve faza

Hi Steven, Welcome, it's nice that you joined.:) You can try doing recreational activities. i think I'm on that drug too for a few years now ever since sth happened and i started worrying about sth but it's called differently over here.
Hello thank you.
I have never taken drugs. Do you think it's normal?
Now I wonder how many of us with SA take a drug.
I don't want to hurt my body

steve faza

Yes I play a lot of Piano. I was in Prague in the summer and played in street for 6 hours. We have pianos in prague in the streets. I had my sunglasses and coat and hided my face. I couldn't leave because I realized there are people watching me behind and they were not there when at first I started.

It was a big crowd. I know because when I left there were 300 Euro only coins in a bag behind me people left. It was night when I left.

I dont have my piano anymore at home becuase I had to sell it.

LoyalXenite

Have you asked your doctor what other options she can suggest that dont involve medication?

As I said in one of your other threads I've tried lexapro and its fine, I know a few others who have tried it as well and have had no issues with it. As Lily said finding recreational activities that you enjoy can help, even if its just short term. Theres also therapy if you wanted to try that, or mindfulness techniques.

Sacrament

I think medication might help, and you don't know until you try. But asking the internet if you should take that medication is probably not the right way to go, since every case is a case and we don't know you. More importantly, I think it would be a good idea for you to try cognitive behavioral therapy, since its purpose is to help you become a more social being, and more successful in social interactions and how you react to them (or the idea of them).