Do you talk about your problems with other people?

JonnyD

in RL i just told my sister and a good friend :/

it's actually making it hard to find help :(

Sometimes when I'm drunk I complain to people around me about how boring I am when I'm sober, then I always say I'm gonna jump in front of a buslol. But when I'm sober I really don't like to complain because I don't want sympathy...So I keep my problems to myself.

lyricalliaisons

No. I wish I could, but I never talk to anyone period; other than my mom, & I can't talk to her about anything personal.

I've been seeing a therapist for the last year. I've had two. The first one I talked to a bit more, but she was very judgemental & misunderstanding about my social anxiety (my lack of experience, my avoidant behavior, etc.). She just thought I needed better social skills.

I haven't really talked to my current therapist about anything personal because I don't want to deal with her reactions.

I've only had internet for a few months, but since I've had it I've actually been able to talk to some people without (at least as much) judgement. If it weren't for this, I'd be as alone in this as I have been my entire life.

weak

I have no problem talking about my flaws and misfortunes once I get to know someone, but I rarely have any reason to mention it or bring it up. Blabbing about your problems to people who clearly don't give a shit is just silly, and realistically, most people really dont give a shit.

Ubersonic

I attempted to say something about it to a lady at work because she was getting the wrong impression of me. After a few sentences she's like "what are you talking about?" and made a disgusted face. I'll never try that again.

limetree

One friend knows but she doesn't relate at all being the super social butterfly she is so I've stopped telling her too much. I hated seeing the person who knew so much about me light up a room and turn into the very person I envied around others.

lilcharlie

I've never really discussed it, and in general I don't talk a lot or at length about my problems because most people just don't seem like they'd care anyway, they just want to hear my problems to hear something juicy, or know that I have problems, or maybe it makes me like I'm a real person because I got problems too.

When I've hinted to [very few] people that I may have social anxiety or some form of it, they just think I'm dumb lol.

Kien

Almost only to friends from here. Told a little to a friend, my sister and my mother.

Dave_McFadden

I started keeping a journal last year with my thoughts and feelings about my problems. A few months later, I developed a friendship with a new coworker, and eventually I was able to talk to her about some of the things I had written in the journal. It was a big help me because it showed me that I could express what I was thinking in ways that other humans could understand and even relate to. Although I don't actually use the term "social anxiety" with her. But I feel comfortable talking about my problems, and discussing incidents where I feel like my anxiety gets in my way.

But I don't talk about this stuff with anyone else in real life. Even my family would pretend they didn't understand so I don't bother them with it.