Do you put on weight when you get more anxious?

In 2007 (although I usually get these all the time) I went through a period of extreme worry (one week) and I lost a stone in 1 week. The doctor did all kinds of tests and found nothing wrong and came to the conclusion it was stress, due to my background of social anixety/phobia.

That is the only time I have ever lost weight because of it. I don't know if I lost weight through it when I was back at school, as that was over 11yrs ago lol.

But over the last few months, I have been worrying alot. I started my own business up a few months ago and although I really enjoy it, it brings alot of stress and worry with it due to my anxieties. But confiding in my boyfriend about my social phobia, actually helped things and he helps me with stuff I need help with.

But just lately, I have been gaining alot of weight (and I'm not pregnant as I did a test). Some social situations are starting to feel slightly easier but many are still the same or even worse. And to top it all off, I just dont have the energy anymore. I weigh the heaviest I have ever weighed, although a BMI check still says I am an average weight for my height.

I feel as lethargic as a rattlesnake constantly, I always have different worries going around in my head constantly so I cant concentrate or sleep. I feel like I'm not doing much and I worry that my boyfriend thinks Im lazy, but Im not lazy, I just feel tired constantly and like Im carrying a ton of bricks around in my stomach the whole time. My stomach is the only place where this extra weight has planted itself.

It is making me feel depressed and I know I should exercise more (but when you have social phobia and a fear of going out alone, it is too difficult). We do have an exercise bike but I dont have the motivation or the energy and I do accompany my boyfriend out on a dog walk a few days a week, but I feel so tired when we get back.

I feel so alone today as my boyfriend and I are not talking at the moment and I just want that motivation to get on that exercise bike.

Pink_Paula

I've been a bit down recently as well, like you i was finding it hard to motivate myself, even getting up in the morning would tire me out because i knew i had another day of nothing but worry and hurt ahead of me. But i have some exercise equiptment here and i've been going on them for about 2 hours a day, i find that by working out it takes my mind off of anything going on in my head and i do feel better about myself when i'm finished, i guess i get a kind of natural high from it. You should try and get on the exercise bike, put some music on and cycle for as long as you can, i know it's hard to make that first step, but once you do it i promise you will feel better.

FountainandFairfax

in a VAN down by the RIVER
I've always had to be really vigilant about my weight. I love good food and if I'm not careful, I can pack on a lot of weight fast.

As far as inspiration or incentive to lose weight, the only thing that has ever motivated me was actually losing weight.

Nothing would get me fired-up and excited about getting in shape like waking up and seeing that red dial on the scale inch a little-further back every day.