Do you like where you live?

no not really, it is mostly like a giant suburbia than a city in and of itself. There is not really any of my ethnicity of people here, real friends and family, they all live on the eastern side of the country. When i finish my degree, i will probably ditch this joint and get a proper job so i can be closer to them. I'll feel more at peace and myself.

buncha racist fckers is what this place got

Last edited:

Lost Girl

Where I live now is a beautiful area - nice weather, beaches, lakes, mountains, but the people suck.

I lived all over Sydney, and honestly, the best place I've ever lived in was an area with a bad reputation for crime and the dregs of society basically... but the community spirit in that place was beautiful. There was real heart there, and I really miss it. I regret moving from there to this pretty but heart-less place :[.

Lorraine Manca

hell yeah, i've always been amazed at how pretty the entire southeast is, even though im born and raised here and ought to be over it by now. magnolia trees and dogwood trees and so many trees. the older parts of atlanta are really neat too, especially inman park

Tiercel

I absolutely loathe living where I do. And worst of all, I know I'd miss it if I were to move somewhere totally different. I'm almost right in the middle of the eastern U.S. megalopolis, just outside of Philadelphia.

In recent years graffiti and litter have become noticeably more prevalent as people have moved in from two adjacent cities. And one of the worst things people in my neighborhood do is put up cheap wooden palisade-type fences. After a few years they just look like rotting, weatherd boards in a slum. Especially when not maintained or mended properly. And apparently our house was built near a small creek that they filled in and redirected underground when they built the neighborhood 80 or so years ago. So our soil is sandy and very poor, and a "beautiful" garden is a fantasy.

But I'm about an hour from the ocean. And about an hour or so from the mountains. Any farms around here have long since been turned into neighborhoods. And the native foliage is rather spindly and scrubby looking. And when I remember, the bird migrations can be worth seeing. And there are plenty of different places to buy food from.

And when you get too far from Philly, the cheesesteaks just plain suck! And there's a great soft pretzel bakery about 7-10 minutes up the road, and nothing beats great pretzels that are still hot!

So I guess this will remain my home for at least a little while. Even if "I want to see mountains again, Gandalf. Mountains!"

:D

Vecis

Most of my year I spend in capital city Riga which I love and hate it. Its too large for me there are too many cars and people. In my dreams I would like to live in countryside or in smaller city which is much peaceful and content. But in my country its hard to live in countryside and small towns because there is no job possibilities and nothing to do. But still I feel most better when I am out of Riga. I would like to live in my grandfathers town Jekabpils but again its nothing to do in there.