Do you have problem with beaches?

GIOLANDA

It's terrible when summer comes and my family goes there. I become extremely anxious when I have to sit or swim in front of people who stare at me. I've always tried to find lonely beaches,but even a few people are enough to make me feel bad. Sometimes I decide to sit and enjoy myself and to think that nobody is looking,but it doesn't help. Lately it has become worse and I can't go there any more.

LA-girl

You know for me it's completely the other way around. I'm very rarely anxious when I'm outdoors, especially in the summer. I tend to get more tense indoors like in restaurants, malls etc...

Richey

My sister acts like a beach alot, she does it for attention just for kicks :lol:

umm i live too far away from the coast to relate but yesterday for instance i went out on a wim and started converasations with patrons at where i work and i even sat down with a group of quirky drunken people in the bistro just to add to the banter! they were talkin about music so i thought "sod it why not" and they were startled but at the same time appreciated that i showed interest..sure i probably came across as awkard at first but i noticed that they didnt really care and appreciated my contribution, so i faced my fear in a way, now ive concluded that my SA is mostly due to paranoia of people because of my high school days and my abusive parents but testing myself like i did yesterday has shown that i dont have to be this perfect being to feel comfortable around people, this has given me momentum and confidence and its not that hard to try! just strike up a chat with a stranger next time your out and youll notice that even if its horribly awkward you feel BETTER! for taking the risk..if you know what im saying

Lotrsfan

I dislike beaches. We always go to at least one when we go on holiday coz my sister loves them and loves to walk around in her bikini and go swimming in the sea, and my parents like it but don't like to stay for long because it gets kinda boring when you don't/can't walk around bareing yourself and swimming in the sea. When i'm on the beach, there's my sister swimming in the sea, and me i'm just sitting in a deckchair watching everyone else, all the girls and women in their bikini's with nice figures. But i hate wearing a bikini, i feel so self-conscious in one, and i think i'm so thin for one so i'd get all the people staring at me. I just sit in my trousers and t-shirt.

shipost

I have a different view of beachs, I lived right next to one and it was a place that was just empty. I know if I went there I'd be alone, its nice and I live by the sea now and will always want to be by the beach :) being trapped in the middle of some city would suck, I like to be on the edge 8O

AlleyCat

I don't like being in a bathing suit in front of a lot of people since I feel like I'm being stared at and the beach near where I live is usually so crowded. I went to the beach last year with my family but I would wait until right before dark and go out on the beach then and get in the ocean. There wasn't nearly as many people and it was a lot nicer that way for me.

GIOLANDA

Hey,I admire you who can enjoy yourselves at beaches. I wish I could do that too! Like Lotrsfan said,I just sit somewhere and feel so unable to move. My worst problem was getting out from the sea,in front of so many eyes. So lately I don't even get in the water. :(