do you have hearing loss?

dancingintherain

I think people with hearing loss tends to develop social anxiety.

I know my own hearing loss was one of the reasons why I developed social anxiety.. Sometimes I just can't hear people and up in my head, I worry about approaching people because some tones' of voices are a struggle to hear and I worry if I keep saying "what? What? WHAT?" over again cos I tend to miss-hear a lot. I was born with hearing loss in both ears because it strongly runs though my dad side of family. And right now, I'm so scared and confused because recently my hearing had dropped even lower. I'm only 19 ;(

Anyone here have hearing loss too?

gustavofring

Yeah, but I don't think it's permanent.

I've got a tiny lump of earwax stuck in my right ear that's blocking my hearing. I went to the doctor twice to flush it out, but because I've walked around with it for about 2/3 years (due to ignoring it and avoidance behavior) it didn't come out because it seems to be stuck pretty bad. A lot of stuff came out though and my hearing has gotten better but it's still annoying.

I might have to see an Ear, Mouth and Nose doctor for it to have it removed eventually. It's one of the things on my enormous list of things I have to do but that I never get done.