Do you have extroverted friends?

LittleMissMuffet

I've spoken to just two people here personally who have said that, like me, they grew-up with family members (often older siblings) who are socially domineering/ social butterflies.
Like me, at least one of these people also said that they tend to be 'adopted' by the popular types.

...coincidence? -I think not.

There is a reason why my sister and I developed to become polar opposites socially to one another. There is something happening on a deeper level that makes us the same even while we are complete opposites. ....high standards? -sensitivity to people and first impressions? -a strong capacity to feel attachment to people (the all-or-nothing attitude towards relationships)? -vanity/insecurity when it comes to people?

I also think, that on a deeper level, socially anxious types have a strong pull towards forming attachments with others and yet are also introverted. This makes us want to be very sociable and yet at the same time we are easily effected and unsettled by how others are (towards us).
...not unlike a girl who is monogamous and yet has a high sex drive: she strongly wants intimacy and a relationship, but she is equally compelled towards avoiding intimate relationships because she wants monogamy.

Diluted_Acid

Most my friends are socially extrovert. I think introverts can be more appealing to extroverts, seeming they differ to the many other extroverted people they see alot, and because extroverts are in need of introverts whom could share qualities which may be lacked in extroverts . . . . . not saying introverts aren't lackin common good qualities too.

Waybuloo

Diluted_Acid said:
Most my friends are socially extrovert. I think introverts can be more appealing to extroverts, seeming they differ to the many other extroverted people they see alot, and because extroverts are in need of introverts whom could share qualities which may be lacked in extroverts . . . . . not saying introverts aren't lackin common good qualities too.

Ok i c, well from my experience as an introvert i do not find extroverts drawn to me, i think they have much more interesting introverst to choose from though...

Erythrocyte

Chihiro said:
Ok i c, well from my experience as an introvert i do not find extroverts drawn to me, i think they have much more interesting introverst to choose from though...
I bet that's not true... "your" extrovert just hasn't found you yet.. :lol: ;)

Kitywhisca

I have had very few close friends, but the few friends I have had have been extroverted. I can usually only tolerate one extroverted friend at a time because they are so energy draining. I like that they do all the talking and listening comes naturally to me. If I am around more than one extroverted person at a time....just forget it...I am miserable and exhausted by the time I get away from them. I have also noticed that extroverts use me as a person to do things with when they're trying to be "good" and want a break from they're "party" friends or need advice.

I have never had a group of friends that I felt comfortable with all at the same time. "Mixing friends" usually is extremely stressful for me. People I have felt the closest to have been male friends (I'm female) who are more introverted like me and overanalyze things...lol. Although, these relationships usually end ackwardly due to the fact that they end up wanting something romantic out of the friendship.

red_reagel

Yes lol, a lot of them. There's this one boy who just shouts out random things and does random things. He is not afraid to let out opinions, or make a fool out of himself. And man, I always tell myself "wish I was like that, or I can at least try." I have a lot of friends like that and they always encourage me to be more outgoing.

thequietone

Kitywhisca said:
I have had very few close friends, but the few friends I have had have been extroverted. I can usually only tolerate one extroverted friend at a time because they are so energy draining. I like that they do all the talking and listening comes naturally to me. If I am around more than one extroverted person at a time....just forget it...I am miserable and exhausted by the time I get away from them. I have also noticed that extroverts use me as a person to do things with when they're trying to be "good" and want a break from they're "party" friends or need advice.

:eek: Wow does that sound familiar! Actually all of this does. My only friends are extroverted too and because of that I just feel on a lower level than them. we can talk (meaning they'll talk and I'll listen) :wink: but we will never truly understand each other. I would love to have an introverted friend. Maybe a clone. :lol: