Do you hang out with bad people?

Bama_Heath

I used to hang out with a couple people who weren't necessarily bad people, but rather bad influences. Even though I'm solely responsible for my own actions I let them peer pressure me into things I should have stayed away from. As I grew up I finally realized I needed to break free and cut ties from them because they were on a one way trip to nowhere and dragging me down with them. I think they needed me more than I needed them. It is easier to self-destruct sometimes if you have a companion I think. I kinda miss the good parts of the person they were sometimes from nostalgia and being friends with them for over 10 years...but I had to cut them loose.

Bama_Heath

Was I one of those friends? I didn't mean to pressure you to drink that Zima and show all my friends your drunk face pictures.

Well I know you did that on purpose, but I forgave you anyways. Mainly because I got you back when I showed everyone your tequila drunk 'girls gone wild' pics...I still can't believe you ate the worm!!

Bama_Heath

You had to mention the GGW pics! You are lying about the worm, I don't even like tequila. I'm a Captain girl, I have drunk pics of me sleeping and hugging a toilet to prove it.

Not only that but you know you wear a pirate hat and raise a leg as a diversion tactic when you get the 'stumbles' from Capt.

Lost Girl

Do any of you hang out with 'friends' who treat you badly?

And if you have the choice between having no friends, or being friends with someone who looks down on you and disrespects you, which would you choose?

Where exactly should we draw the line? I realise that no friendship is perfect, and friends will offend each other from time to time, but I feel that a certain acquantaince of mine is stepping way over the line in many of our interactions.

For example, he will ask me to go into the city with him to a bar - but literally 20 seconds after we get our drinks he will walk off and leave me by myself! And YES he knows I suffer from SA and claims to understand.
As soon as he sees his more important friends, he ditches me. But then every now and then he will wander over to me to try and tell me it's my turn to buy drinks (WTF?). I feel like saying "F*ck off, I'm not even the one you are drinking with!". He seems to think that he can get away with treating me how he likes, and that I will not stand up for myself.
He won't even introduce me to his other friends, and keeps me seperate from them in all circumstances, even at his house. I think if he's that embarassed to be seen around me, he should just leave me alone.

This is just one example of the sort of thing he does, I won't bore you with other stories. Let's just say that when I have contact with him, he offends me more often than not.

So, for a while now I have been ignoring most of his phonecalls and text messages. I have done it so many times that I thought he would have got the message by now. BUT he thinks I don't return his calls much just because of my anxiety lol!
Now I feel like I've got to do something to end this 'friendship' but don't know how to do it without appearing like an a**hole, and I'm concerned that it may affect my relationship with a mutual friend.

Whoaaaa this guy is obviously a dick. To answer your first question, I do think that having no friends is better than having friends that don't act like friends at all! What is the point of that?!

You need to ditch this guy. Just txt him not to call or txt you anymore. He is a loser, no one need that kind of person in their life. And don't worry about coming across as an *******! Sometimes you have to be, you look after yourself and your own happiness, and choose better friends! Set your standards higher!

Lost Girl

I've always been that weird kid alone in a dark corner, but in my first year of high school I was "befriended" by some guy who ended up cuffing me to a dog's cage, hit me with a stick on fire and who tried to gouge one of my eyes out.

That sicko was a total leech and I couldn't get rid of him, and nobody gave a **** about me, so I just stop talking. In fact I didn't speak for the next 7 years afterward. Well, I don't really count saying yes, no, I don't know every once in a while as speaking.

I did got rid of him, and even though I still got bullied by a million others, I didn't care at the time, because I hid at the empty library all day long, waiting for the end of the day to lock myself in my room where I could forget about it by watching tv.

Also at school, when it was time for team work I always ended up either with a parasitic bum, doing all the work for him or alone. I once did a 4-people project all to myself, but it's not like I had anything else to do.

Holy shet!!!!! That is so shocking and sad! I'm sorry that you went through that ::(:. It's stories like this that make me lose faith in humanity. But I do think that there are more people than good, but stories like this, ughhh make me mad! I hope things are much better for you now.

M1tCh

Banned
Do any of you hang out with 'friends' who treat you badly?

And if you have the choice between having no friends, or being friends with someone who looks down on you and disrespects you, which would you choose?

Where exactly should we draw the line? I realise that no friendship is perfect, and friends will offend each other from time to time, but I feel that a certain acquantaince of mine is stepping way over the line in many of our interactions.

For example, he will ask me to go into the city with him to a bar - but literally 20 seconds after we get our drinks he will walk off and leave me by myself! And YES he knows I suffer from SA and claims to understand.
As soon as he sees his more important friends, he ditches me. But then every now and then he will wander over to me to try and tell me it's my turn to buy drinks (WTF?). I feel like saying "F*ck off, I'm not even the one you are drinking with!". He seems to think that he can get away with treating me how he likes, and that I will not stand up for myself.
He won't even introduce me to his other friends, and keeps me seperate from them in all circumstances, even at his house. I think if he's that embarassed to be seen around me, he should just leave me alone.

This is just one example of the sort of thing he does, I won't bore you with other stories. Let's just say that when I have contact with him, he offends me more often than not.

So, for a while now I have been ignoring most of his phonecalls and text messages. I have done it so many times that I thought he would have got the message by now. BUT he thinks I don't return his calls much just because of my anxiety lol!
Now I feel like I've got to do something to end this 'friendship' but don't know how to do it without appearing like an a**hole, and I'm concerned that it may affect my relationship with a mutual friend.

"It's better to be alone than in bad company."

Real friends treat each other with dignity and respect.
Disregard his existence.

NinjaLikesToast

I can't really say I hang out with anyone, so my answer is no.

The one friend at work that I do have is really not to great of a friend, but he is very easy to work with so its just sort of a convenience thing..

Krista

Yes, this is the basis of my friends. The foundation, the bricks, the mortar. All unwavering in their spoiled ways and lack of compassion for anyone's suffering, only focused on themselves. Racist, hurtful, rude and snide. Why do I continue to be friends with them? At times I feel I can handle the put downs, the barbs and round about jokes with me as the butt end. Truth be told I'm strong when it comes to those I don't know but I'm weak willed with those I do. I could hurt no one even though they hurt me and I'm afraid to be alone. I'm a pathetic mess, I suppose.

AGR

Yes,a couple, mostly because of my job,isnt a mother****er,I cant wait until he gets out,gets in a fight or is cut,but it seems the world isnt fair and only the good people have this done to them.