Do you get this feeling?

recluse

It's Sunday night (or whatever your day off is) and you start dreading going to work the next morning again, you feel depressed that you have yet again wasted your days off work when you could have spent it being social/doing fun things/gone to places. You feel as if time is passing you by at such speed and you have no hope of ever finding happiness or meet a significant other who will be your soul mate. You obsess over the feeling that time has/is passing you by so much that you are unable to sleep and you have a sick feeling in your stomach and a tight feeling in your chest. You feel as if all you ever do is work, and yearn to have fun (preferably with a girlfriend/boyfriend).

All people seem to do on the weekends is drink and the thought of spending hours in a pub getting drunk bores the hell out of me. There's got to be more to life than getting drunk?! I also don't find going to places alone fun at all so i am basically stuck in a reclusive existence. I go for a drive in my car but yet again i am reminded that i am alone.

This is how i feel and the older i get the more i feel that time is passing me by::(:

Last edited:

Uber Schnitzel

I get that "wasted my day off" feeling all the time, there's so much I want to get done and so little time. I don't feel the same way about going to work though. I love working

planemo

Yeah, I know what you're going through. I don't drink so I wouldn't know anything about spending my time in a bar or club. I kinda just see myself as drifting away alone on a sea of emptiness. I don't expect to fill my time with anyone. It's hard to accept sometimes, but I have to learn to deal with it. It's not always that easy though. But yeah, you're not alone. Don't get yourself too down though.

THE-INTROVERT

yes your right there is more to life than getting drunk im the exact situation m8 i remember when a normal friday night meant getting drunk but when im in the house alone on a friday or saturday i look back on how drinking made me depressed and im glad i dont drink anymore even if it means isolation and if people have a problem thats thiers not mine

recluse

I get that "wasted my day off" feeling all the time, there's so much I want to get done and so little time. I don't feel the same way about going to work though. I love working

You enjoy working?! What do you do?

I suppose one good thing about my job is that i get some kind of social interaction other than with my parents.

recluse

yes your right there is more to life than getting drunk im the exact situation m8 i remember when a normal friday night meant getting drunk but when im in the house alone on a friday or saturday i look back on how drinking made me depressed and im glad i dont drink anymore even if it means isolation and if people have a problem thats thiers not mine

Alcohol tends to make me depressed too if i drink too much. I'm sick of life being all about drinking/partying, it just is so meanignless to me. There is nothing going on apart from drinking being involved.

THE-INTROVERT

i also think its a cultural thing in the uk and ireland to drink in italy and france spain i would say its far more relaxed

U

userremoved

i also think its a cultural thing in the uk and ireland to drink in italy and france spain i would say its far more relaxed

Thats the weekend for a lot of Americans too. I honestly think that people do that so much because without alcohol they wouldn't be able to relax enough to socialize, dance and let go around complete strangers. Even though they might not be as anxious as we would in those situations.

Tiercel

I don't have a job to make me worry about wasting my time off. But every day it seems like life is passing by quicker and quicker. I like to say that I have all the time in the world, and still get nothing done.