Do you ever feel like nobody respects you?

Emma22w

I'm 17, and i live with Social Anxiety. It's pure hell. I had to quit school in October, not JUST because i hated it, but my anxiety was out of control. Anyway, i just feel like nobody has any respect or any consideration for me, i feel like i am just another lonely soul walking the earth. I can't work or anything... i worry about my future alot. Oh yeah, and medications. Lexapro and Buspar doesn't really help, but i can tell a difference when i don't take the Lexapro. I feel really dizzy like i am about to faint. :/ I'm tired of being on meds and depending on everyone else. I feel like a loser... ::(:

I'm 17, and i live with Social Anxiety. It's pure hell. I had to quit school in October, not JUST because i hated it, but my anxiety was out of control. Anyway, i just feel like nobody has any respect or any consideration for me, i feel like i am just another lonely soul walking the earth. I can't work or anything... i worry about my future alot. Oh yeah, and medications. Lexapro and Buspar doesn't really help, but i can tell a difference when i don't take the Lexapro. I feel really dizzy like i am about to faint. :/ I'm tired of being on meds and depending on everyone else. I feel like a loser... ::(:

Thats exactly how i feel about my situation.

AimeeSP

I feel this way too sweetie. If i happen to be with a certain group of friends they tend to leave me out like i'm not there, or i'm not important enough to include in the conversation. One time i went to hug them all and one of them turned away from me, purposely ignoring me. I feel like i need to be more assertive to gain peoples respect because at the moment i'm letting people treat me like crap and walk all over me.

If we lived closer i'd totally hang out with you! :)

There are many people who don't respect me. That list is much longer than the list of those who do respect me. Some are crueler than others, but I know one who tops the list. In many cases, even if I try to respect them in the first place and lend a hand, they remain incredibly ungrateful and don't reciprocate. *Cough*. Though it's puzzling and unbelievable, I never continue to extend any part of me to them because they just don't deserve it! I attempt to look past it. I stopped being that pushover a long time ago. I'm a much better judge of character and know my worth, so it's their loss, for sure. (I say that modestly).

Better off without them. :)

Last edited:
Most people respect me, but very few people understand me. I think most people respect me simply because I'm not an ass and I'm a good listener, but not because they feel I have anything worthwhile to contribute socially.

Some days I feel like that. But mostly I feel like I don't deserve any respect at all. The worst thing is when somebody trusts me and sees good in me. Okay, that only happens with people like therapists and teachers who are just doing it because they have to lol :p. But it still makes me feel bad. I think I prefer people loathing me and looking down on me. That way I can hate on them and hate isn't that hurtful.

I feel the exact same way...:/

recluse

I feel that i am ridiculed and seen as a weakling because of my anxiety. I'm convinced soemtimes i notice looks of disgust at me from some people.

Bullied Anonymous

Historically, people have attempted to take advantage of my kindness. I think many of us can relate to that.

I can. Feel? I know I'm not respected. I'm one of those people who let others walk over me. Sad part about that is I actually feel like I don't deserve their respect. I don't know why I haven't done anything wrong. I just feel 2nd to them. Kind of like a peasant in a kingdom of lords and vassels. We're all people, I just don't think highly of myself ,and it doesn't help when others treat you like dirt ,anyway.

Illusions

To say nobody respects me would be a little too extreme, but I've met a handful of unpleasant people who didn't treat me with respect, mostly because to them I was the "quiet" one they could walk all over and take advantage of (and I'm sure many SA sufferers can relate to this).