Do you consider yourself an introvert, or an extrovert?

Lost Girl

:eek: I also encouraged you to keep the post!

Based on your last response, you sound introverted. This is an MBTI cognitive functions test as opposed to a straight up simple introversion/extroversion test, but Itis the best one I know. Was it you, Lavinaluna who posted two different MBTI results? If so, hopefully this will clear things up for you. I've known a couple of people who mistyped at first because they gave responses that were more aligned with their ideals or what they are striving for rather than reality, this only leads to confusion in the long run. Take your time, and answer as accurately as possible.

Keys 2 Cognition - Cognitive Processes

Srijita52

It is possible to be extroverted and socially anxious although its more common for introverts, but anxiety doesn't depend on personality.
I'm an introvert as I get drained from social interactions easily, even from online interactions. But I'm a people oriented introvert, I like social interactions, brainstorming, taking about theories out loud, trying out new things just for the sake of novelty, I just need lots of alone time.

Srijita52

Based on your last response, you sound introverted. This is an MBTI cognitive functions test as opposed to a straight up simple introversion/extroversion test, but Itis the best one I know. Was it you, Lavinaluna who posted two different MBTI results? If so, hopefully this will clear things up for you. I've known a couple of people who mistyped at first because they gave responses that were more aligned with their ideals or what they are striving for rather than reality, this only leads to confusion in the long run. Take your time, and answer as accurately as possible.

These tests always confuse me, I always score highest in Ne. I think I do have a high Ne. I'm definitely an introvert but I seem pretty equal on Fi and Ne.

You know, I'm really not sure if I'm ambiverted or introverted, but whatever. The most important thing is I have SA - that makes whatever my personality type is irrelevant IMO. At least to some degree. If anxiety is masking the "real" you, what does it matter what the "real" you is? :/

Lost Girl

These tests always confuse me, I always score highest in Ne. I think I do have a high Ne. I'm definitely an introvert but I seem pretty equal on Fi and Ne.

It's certainly not a perfect system, I've heard many complaints about it since I've started looking into MBtI (about 8 months) I lead with Fi (I'm InFP) but score almost just as high with both Ni and Ne.ive heard more than once that there should probably be another 16 types.

So if you lead with Fi Ne, I guess you're infp too?

Have you looked into Ennegram? I think the two work with each other really well.

Lost Girl

You know, I'm really not sure if I'm ambiverted or introverted, but whatever. The most important thing is I have SA - that makes whatever my personality type is irrelevant IMO. At least to some degree. If anxiety is masking the "real" you, what does it matter what the "real" you is? :/

Thats an interesting thing to say considering the quote in your sig speaks of self consciousness... You are not your SA.

Lavinialuna

I somehow missed a whole page of posts, because I truly do appreciate the encouragement! Thank you!
I'll take that test later after feeding the kids. Thanks for the link :D

I took the test, it gave me a bunch of letters,:idontknow: I didn't understand any of it. It all sounded like gibberish to me. I read the profile for that letter combination-it isnt me. They sugessted two other combinations, none of the profiles sounded like me.

The site says the questions are phrased to make you think twice but actually I didnt understand half of what the questions were. I see its a UCLA survey but it reads like its been translated from another language and the questions arent clear.
:idontknow:

from what I can gather the test divides people into 16 personalities or something like that...to me thats nonsense

Lavinialuna

This is what I got, and I think it is probably accurate:

ENFJ extraverted Feeling introverted Intuiting

Here is what another site says about this type, and it's pretty spot on: http://www.personalitypage.com/ENFJ.html

It even says this: "An ENFJ who has not found their place in the world is likely to be extremely sensitive to criticism, and to have the tendency to worry excessively and feel guilty."

That could be key to my S.A. My fears revolve around being judged, and being rejected.

Last edited:

Srijita52

It's certainly not a perfect system, I've heard many complaints about it since I've started looking into MBtI (about 8 months) I lead with Fi (I'm InFP) but score almost just as high with both Ni and Ne.ive heard more than once that there should probably be another 16 types.

So if you lead with Fi Ne, I guess you're infp too?

Have you looked into Ennegram? I think the two work with each other really well.

Guess it comes to down to who we were early in life, we go through phases where we develop our other functions. I think I was definitely an Fi dom always and I developed those other functions later. Yeah I am an INFP. I can relate to the profile very much. I always score as 4w5 in Enneagram tests, what about you?

planetweirdo

Before I sank into my social anxiety I was very social and had a large group of friends. We used to all camp together and it wore me out, by day 2 I was always in tears because I was so overwhelmed. Over time I retreated even more, not participating, and then eventually stopped talking to almost everyone. I don't know why it happened. So yes, I have been the one who always makes the funny jokes, I speak before I think, I can be loud- but I do get overstimulated and need to get away after awhile. So it is possible I am still introverted? I really don't know, but it's interesting. If anyone has a good reliable quiz those of us who are unsure could take it and post the results :D

Joule, thanks for the encouragement to keep the post!

You seem like an introvert to me, but I could be wrong. Some introverts do enjoy socializing but gets overwhelmed from socializing to much for to long. Introverts can also be funny and sometimes loud despite stereotypes that we're all silent brooding types. But I think that retreating from friends and no longer talking to them anymore is a SA thing not a introvert thing.

Lost Girl

I took the test, it gave me a bunch of letters,:idontknow: I didn't understand any of it. It all sounded like gibberish to me. I read the profile for that letter combination-it isnt me. They sugessted two other combinations, none of the profiles sounded like me.

The site says the questions are phrased to make you think twice but actually I didnt understand half of what the questions were. I see its a UCLA survey but it reads like its been translated from another language and the questions arent clear.
:idontknow:

from what I can gather the test divides people into 16 personalities or something like that...to me thats nonsense

I can understand a bunch of letters seeming like nonsense to someone who is unfamiliar with the system. I recommend you looking into it more if youre at all interested in self-development and understanding, and/or an understanding of people in general; Why some people are one way, others another, etc. MBTI (Myers-Briggs type Indicator) is based off Carl Jung's Psychological type theory. As for it being nonsense, well, like I said, Ive come across a few who have taken issue with it, but, some places of employment even use MBtI as part of their recruitment process. I've found it incredibly enlightening in terms of self awareness as well as understanding others, how to improve relationships and communication, and in a more general sense, even which types to avoid haha. Perhaps try another test if you didn't like that one.

Last edited:

Lost Girl

Guess it comes to down to who we were early in life, we go through phases where we develop our other functions. I think I was definitely an Fi dom always and I developed those other functions later. Yeah I am an INFP. I can relate to the profile very much. I always score as 4w5 in Enneagram tests, what about you?

4w5 also :)

I can understand a bunch of letters seeming like nonsense to someone who is unfamiliar with the system. I recommend you looking into it more if youre at all interested in self-development and understanding, and/or an understanding of people in general; Why some people are one way, others another, etc. MBTI (Myers-Briggs type Indicator) is based off Carl Jung's Psychological type theory. As for it being nonsense, well, like I said, Ive come across a few who have taken issue with it, but, some places of employment even use MBtI as part of their recruitment process. I've found it incredibly enlightening in terms of self awareness as well as understanding others, how to improve relationships and communication, and in a more general sense, even which types to avoid haha. Perhaps try another test if you didn't like that one.

Yea I dunno, I just think personality is a lot more complicated than that. I can't see much difference between dividing Earth's 7 billion population into 16 personality types and diving Earth's 7 billion population into the 12 signs of the zodiac. The world is full of individuals.

Lost Girl

Yea I dunno, I just think personality is a lot more complicated than that. I can't see much difference between dividing Earth's 7 billion population into 16 personality types and diving Earth's 7 billion population into the 12 signs of the zodiac. The world is full of individuals.

As opposed to dividing the human population into three groups consisting of introverts, extroverts, and ambis? Personality type theory is an extension of that; the first letter in the 4 letter result is either an I or E representing a preference for introversion or extroversion, which is why I brought it up in the first place, and the following letters represent our other cognitive preferences giving a fairly accurate snapshot of who we are. Of course, we are all individuals. One INFP can seem quite different to another for example, although I have noticed patterns of similarities between personality-types that share the same Ennegram (another personality type system). I think of it as a general framework, and it has greatly improved my understanding of people, relationships, etc. Introversion and extroversion is only a small fraction of what makes us who we are.