Do you believe satan is cause of sa/phobia?

dottie

i am not a christian and i don't believe that some "fallen angel" is responsible for all of the world's bad shit. nature is nature. there is good and bad. chaos and order. strength and weakness. this is our weakness.

"Live by the foma [harmless untruths] that make you brave and kind and healthy and happy."
- The Books of Bokonon, 1:5

I don't see how believing that a sinister evil spirit is responsible for anything you don't like meets any of those criteria... surely it'd just make you terrified (of this super-powerful evil which has possessed you and rewritten your personality), mean (to people you suspect of being agents of the devil), unhealthy (since you won't be taking responsibility for anything yourself) and unhappy (as anyone should be with monsters in the closet).

Goes without saying that there's no rational evidence for it. And speaking from within the mythology, as I understand it Satan is supposed to like crimes... so giving people a disorder that makes them too scared to get into much trouble would sabotage his own plans. You can hardly spread evil if you don't go outside.

NormanBates

Satan a cause of phobia?

Phobos means fear, doesn't it? Something that would typically be associated with Satan in the Bible.

Maybe Love of Solitude comes from God.

JonnyD

despite religious discussion, i don't like people blaming satan for everything, it's an excuse!

but yes, satan is SA! , satan is the representation of our own fears, evils and devils. to me satan is just the idea of everything bad, represented and imagined as a figure.

It's pure semantics!

sketchy24

I'm a Christian and all but I think people give Satan faaar too much credit. He's not an equal opposite of God like many tend to think. "Something isn't going right in my life, Satan must be attacking me" "I have social problems, Satans attacking me".

I have no doubt Satan appreciates SA though... anything that hinders people from living the life God called them to, Satan isn't gonna mind it. Still he's not omnipotent and sometimes I doubt if he actually knows I exist or notices. Of course I'm not much of a threat if I even had a hard time standing up for myself let a lone standing up for Christ. He's got bigger plans to mess with I'm sure than to just sit around and torment me all day.

Kien

That's like saying that Satan points and tells everything something happens that causes suffering in any form. It's a "disease" like so many a human has have. Our genes are filled with 99999999 possiblities of mental or physical diseases.