Do you believe in Karma?

MollyBeGood

So if you're suffering now, then you did something to deserve this?

How does that make you feel?

Last edited:
I think I did sort of believe it in the past, but thinking about it now, its probably just a mental way of trying to accept what we're suffering at any moment, putting the control into something "out their"

MollyBeGood

kihira, someone I respect was really into the concept and it really got me to thinking that it is just another religion of sorts. Or a way of humans thinking that what they do has this grand over all cosmic effect on the entire universe. IMHO we matter not in the scheme of things and people should do good things to do good things not because they worry of the big punishment, guilt scenario, whether this be Hell or you will be punished with disease, poverty etc..

Argentum

Any universal force that would punish someone for something they no longer have the capacity to correct, let alone remember, is infantile. Suffering begets suffering, and violence corrupts pure and gentle minds. This is an undeniable truth. If karma exists, then it's a self-fulfilling prophecy and the universe intends for the very things believers claim it punishes to exist and happen.

There's a convicted murderer on parole around here who lives better than many innocents. He took his wife out onto a lake and killed her. I confirmed this via old articles and news of his release after my mother informed me of him, and he does not deny it.

Last edited:

jayfan

no i dont believe in karma.
people who are absolute crap as people often live great lives..... We wish karma existed but it doesnt.
life isnt fair just how it is.

PugofCrydee

You want to know how I got these scars?
I don't believe in karma in any spiritual sense. But I do believe you reap what you sow (for the most part). I generally agree with the above comments.

theoutsider

I absolutely believe in karma although I don't believe if you are suffering it necessarily relates to something you've done wrong. Sometimes bad things happen to people because they've done bad things in the past to others and sometimes bad things happen to people because that's just the way life is sometimes.

AGR

no i dont believe in karma.
people who are absolute crap as people often live great lives..... We wish karma existed but it doesnt.
life isnt fair just how it is.

I agree with this,not sure about great lives,but other people whorship them,just let me throw out there that some people didnt even had a chance to live this life in a normal way,that isnt fair and its not karma.

anomicdeer

I always think about this. I always wonder if it's something I did but it doesn't have to be that way.

There are *******s, alcoholic abusive husbands, rapist, etc and they are living a great life.

Argentum

I also disagree with karma on the grounds that it fuels toxic shame. What's more tragic than people growing up thinking they deserve to be bullied or go hungry because they're "bad" without knowing why in the name of "spirituality"?

That would be a corruption of the true natural order of things, which is an unbiased flow of life. God, please reset the universe. I think it's got malware.