Do u ever call someone and hope him/her not to answer while phone s ringing?

Yeah, that's why I don't like to put myself in that position.
I very rarely answer the phone unless it's someone I know or I've been drinking.
Not that anyone ever calls me anyway.

fitftw

I have 9 voicemails I haven't checked over the past 3 months. I do not answer my phone, and I can't remember the last call I made.

Josette

Yes. A world of YES. Pretty much every time I have to make a call--and believe me I avoid it like the plague--I end up chanting "please dont answer please dont answer" over and over again in my head while it rings. I love getting people's voicemail instead.

Conversely, I hate listening to my own voicemail. I have dozens of messages I've never listened to. I also don't like answering the phone--but strangely enough, only my *personal* phone. I can answer my phone at work just fine. It's like I know what I'm doing there, so no worries. But answering my home/cell phone means--gasp!--socializing and I suck at that.

Side note...if I weren't so chicken about calling in, I'd probably be out sick a lot more. I look at my boss's schedule and try to figure out if she won't be in the office before I'll call. Pathetic.

Phoenixx

Yeah I usually feel like this too if I call someone I don't know. If it's friends or family I don't really have too much of a problem with it. But then again, I hardly ever talk on the phone or make calls. Never really did like talking on the phone.