Do mean people increase your anxiety?

Noca

Banned
Do mean people increase your anxiety? Whenever someone who is supposed to be a friend or family gets angry at me, my anxiety sky rockets, I stop talking to them, and I run and hide.

Anyone else like this?

dooby-duck

I tend to get anxious around people who are always picking at people or insulting people. I don't like conflict either or people who talk too loudly or quickly.

FOR REAL

Banned
I tend to get anxious around people who are always picking at people or insulting people. I don't like conflict either or people who talk too loudly or quickly.

i do talk fast, but not to hurt anyone, its my barrier i suppose.
but i get so fkn nervous when ive got nothing to say.

206Raider

It depends, if it is somebody I don't know says something I usually get mad, if it's somebody like a friend or family I feel like betrayed or something and I'll be like "whatever, I don't really need you" type of thing

Yes, I know exactly what your talking about, my anxiety goes through the roof when that happens too.
I get this terrible feeling of dread, that I have done something really bad, even if their just angry at me for just a little thing.

Harleyq

YES! Mean people make me extremely uncomfortable. I can't stand conflict so if there's someone in the room who's causing a ton of it, my immediate reaction to is to try to find an exit.

AimeeSP

Do mean people increase your anxiety? Whenever someone who is supposed to be a friend or family gets angry at me, my anxiety sky rockets, I stop talking to them, and I run and hide.

Anyone else like this?

Yes!

I'd feel like thier is something wrong with me if they started being mean to me since i try my best to make everyone happy. Also if my mum is mad at me i start panicking and feel like i need to punish myself for not being upto her standards. I seem to be constantly seeking her approval. :confused:

Last edited:

recluse

Mean people definately do increase it. If i see someone with a mean facial expression i imediately feel intimidated.